Project Director - Build - Birmingham (£80,000 + package)
Edge Careers have partnered with a top 10 main contractor currently enjoying a turnover of circa £800m out of the Midlands region to exclusively resource for a number of high-level vacancies. At present, this global business is enjoying a turnover in excess of £3 billion.
The business predominantly works on projects ranging from £20m up to £150m in the Commercial / Education / High Rise Residential / Student Accommodation / Care Homes / Healthcare / Universities / Distribution sectors, both New Build & Refurbishment.
HQ is based in Solihull and is the driving force in the region, which competes against regional and main contractors in the area.
The business has instilled a close working environment in the office and on site and everyone is working towards the common goal. The office environment is very relaxed and less corporate than most companies and the Directors give you the autonomy and responsibility to be in control of your day to day diary.
They are looking for someone with a strong background as a No.1 on site who is capable and comfortable in managing schemes over £50m in value. This person must have this level of experience to be considered for the role.
- Working alongside the Lead Planner and putting together a programme, looking at the logistical challenges and assessing pre-lims.
- Working alongside the Lead Design Manager, looking through the drawings and assess Build ability.
- Reviewing Supply chain
- Value Engineering
- Client Facing Skills
- Able to present a presentation in front of the client and comfortable under pressure
- Managing a whole site team and direct reports
- Taking on Project Leadership in its entirety
- Ensuring the Project is following the programme
- Able to communicate effectively with the Commercial Manager and create a strong working relationship
- Communication with the client and ensuring they are kept happy and ensuring their confidence in you remains to be good
- Chairing weekly and monthly meetings
- Main Contracting Background
- Been Operating as a Project Manager or Project Director on high value schemes between £50m - £100m
- Comfortable at Pre-Construction
- Strong leadership skills
- Client facing
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply. For further information, please contact Oliver Smith on at Edge Careers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job