Our client is looking for a Project/Applications Engineer to join their team! This very varied role provides engineering and technical support to customers and with many departments in the company.
The client is looking for someone with a diverse skill set, an enquiring mind and the desire to be exposed to a variety of learning and advancement opportunities.
Responsibilities and objectives:
- A strong, contributing part of the clients Sales Driven Culture.
- Technical support to the Team and our Customers.
- Project manage relevant purchase orders to match or exceed customer expectations of product performance and delivery.
- Improve the products through design and design suggestions, contribution to the development of technical marketing collateral and support documentation, drawings, information and data collection and dissemination.
- Work with Sales to help gather technical information and assist with application projects, realise customer requirements into technical specifications and drawings.
- Project manage larger equipment orders, including integration of components from different suppliers.
- Specify, design and manage third-party manufacturing.
- Assist with workshop and demonstration equipment, installation, training and demonstrations of equipment.
- Create and maintain drawings.
- Liaison with the technical departments/representatives of the clients suppliers/partners.
- A degree level qualification in an engineering subject.
- HNC or B.Tech in Engineering, or equivalent through experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing or sytems engineering environment or automation.
- Knowledge of engineering design principles and material properties desired.
- Ability to produce CAD drawings required.
- Knowledge of electrical control systems and component selection.
- The ability to work as part of a team and to meet deadlines.
- Computer literate (Excel, Word).
- Organised, project management skills.
- Practical, hands-on.
- Effective written and oral communication skills - to maintain sound relationships with customers, sales partners and colleagues.
- Earn and maintain mutual respect with fellow employees.
- Take the initiative in keeping others informed on matters of mutual interest.
- You should have the confidence to use your own initiative, to seek out opportunities to improve products, processes and services, and to communicate them.
- Enjoy working as part of a sales-driven team.
- Credibility and reliability - make realistic commitments and live up to them.
- Meet deadlines.
- Resourcefulness - comprehend SME conditions and creative use of resources in an entrepreneurial environment.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"