Market leading, global aerospace and defence Group
Location: North West - M62 Corridor
Remuneration: Excellent salary plus benefits
Our client is a prestigious UK subsidiary of a major international Group and a global leader in the defence and aerospace engineering sector. The business specialises in the provision of advanced next generation systems for air, land and marine applications, supplying the UK MoD and other international military and defence customers. Their business proposition is both exciting and compelling - world leading products, high calibre people, cutting edge engineering technology and a real passion for exceeding customer expectations. With a number of significant projects "in play" and in the pipeline, an ambitious "up and coming" Programme Manager is required to take responsibility for the management and delivery of a selection of assigned projects.
Reporting to the BU Director - Avionic and Mission Systems, your key responsibilities will be:-
- Delivery and execution of assigned programmes with accountability for project performance
- Responsibility for the commercial, planning, scheduling, quality and technical success of assigned programmes
- Act as the primary interface with key subcontractors and the parent company, forging strong and effective stakeholder relationships
- Liaise with the commercial and engineering teams, ensuring issues are dealt with and contractual obligations are met
- Develop execute and maintain project plans and SOW’s, detailing task descriptions, deliverables and programme schedules
- Manage and report on programme performance, ensuring lifecycle milestone communication with all stakeholders
- Identify and pursue follow-on business opportunities which enhance commercial value
- Work within agreed programme budgets, P&L objectives, managing and controlling costs accordingly
We are looking for a special individual, an accredited Programme/Project Manager (APMP/Prince2 or similar) with demonstrable experience gained in an aerospace, defence or military setting, where design and development standards and systems engineering is prevalent. An engineering qualification would be advantageous. SC cleared (or eligible to obtain SC) you will have a successful track record managing full project lifecycles for defence related customers and/or the UK MoD. Experience of travelling and working in different international cultures would also be beneficial. Commercially and financially astute, you will be used to frequent interaction with senior leaders utilising your first-class communication, relationship building and team playing capability. Above all, your passion, energy and motivation for delivering highly successful programmes will win the hearts and minds of customers and colleagues alike.
This is an exciting time to be joining this ambitious and progressive business. There is an excellent remuneration package on offer along with real potential for longer term career development.
- Project Management
- APMP Qualified
- Aerospace Engineering
- Programme Management