Production Line Leader
- To manage the designated area - effectively and efficiently - through the efficient use of people, materials and plant equipment and machinery. Support the Team Leader in delivering quality production cost effectively
- Achieve production targets in accordance with all site policies and procedures.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- To ensure area compliance to all relevant company / site / legislative policies, procedures, regulations and practices.
- To ensure requirements are met and in line with site standards of quality, quantity, cost and timescale.
- To ensure effective communications within the areas.
- To ensure effective shift handovers take place.
- To ensure the development, training and motivation of all line personnel.
- To ensure effective and efficient utilisation of plant, equipment and machinery.
- To ensure all plant faults and issues are logged and recorded.
- To ensure the promotion and maintenance of the team working.
- To provide cover in absence of other line leaders.
- To highlight any cost reduction ideas or quality improvements of products and processes.
- To highlight to the appropriate personnel any matters which may be detrimental to production, quality and health and safety.
- To assist with the training and development of others.
- Highlight as appropriate employee relation matters of concern to Team Leader.
- Ensure the completion of all daily production documentation.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to complete this role to the competencies and job objectives.
- To undertake any additional responsibilities as required by the Team Leader.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA & QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Technical competency and knowledge
- Standards and systems: Demonstrates an understanding for compliance and quality of all Food Safety & Quality Polices and procedures.
- Leadership and communication: Provides clear direction, encouragement, goals and expectations to line staff.
- Core values: To adopt and proactively promote Company Core and Team Values.
- Commitment to process and results: Demonstrates a desire to question processes and efficiency and to seek change.
- Team working: Demonstrates an ability to work as an active and constructive member of a team.
- HSE: Demonstrates understanding, awareness and compliance of all Health Safety policies and procedures.
- GMP: Ensure knowledge of and compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
2. Prior experience
- Significant experience of working in a factory environment.
- Prior experience of working within food sector.
3. Personal Attributes
- Good communication and team working skills.
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks.
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism.
- Be willing to undertake any necessary training to achieve the required competencies and job objectives.
- Ability to identify and interpret plant / equipment faults.
This position is on a rotating shift basis working 6-2 and 2-10. Pay is £9.50 per hour.
- Team Leader
- Production Supervisor
- Line Leader