Based - Nelson
Salary dependent on experience
Recruit Right are working closely with one of our clients based in Nelson, we are proud to offer an exciting opportunity within a well-established manufacturing company as they are currently seeking a Production Supervisor.
The job role will include supervising and organising staff, work flow and resources within their designated areas in order to manufacture products in a safe, efficient and controlled manner. To ensure that all customers receive their products, On-time, In-full and to the correct quality requirements.
Taking full ownership and responsibility for their processes and the products being manufactured within their area and apply effective disciplines and controls to maintain conformity to requirements.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for ensuring that their department operates in accordance with relevant safety standards as required by law and company policy and that the correct PPE for the department is being worn.
- To ensure the production processes and process controls within their department are strictly adhered to and not compromised. Maintain adherence to company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices.
- Ensure that the weekly work schedule is completed "on-time, In-Full" within the set timescales. And report any shortages promptly to the relevant department.
- To ensure that the planned order of work is correct and produced in time to meet the planned schedule.
- To ensure that all work required for that day is completed before the line finishes and if necessary arranges authorised overtime and first aid cover in order to complete the work.
- To ensure the daily counts and Sapphire updates are completed efficiently.
- To ensure that remakes and faults are analysed and were necessary traced back to the relevant operatives so that effective corrective and preventive actions can be established, implemented and maintained.
- Drive departmental improvements via the weekly improvement meetings in order to reduce Quality issues and remakes, improve standards, reduce scrap and increase productivity. To monitor and take the appropriate, timely improvement actions and maintain records.
- To ensure that corrective and preventive actions are fully implemented and maintained.
- Maintaining the work flow and Quality within their department by continuously monitoring the process steps, methods and equipment and monitoring personnel, departmental resources and enforcing the organizations standards.
- Initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation both within and between departments and be responsible for creating high morale with the highest ethical standards within their departments.
- To implement job related training for all employees within their department and ensure that all training assessments and records are up to date (in conjunction with the company training coordinator).
- To develop and maintain a Safety, Quality and continuous improvement culture within their department by being an effective role model and ambassadors for Safety, Quality and standards.
- To coach and mentor departmental team members and provide technical expertise to resolve Quality, process and/or production related issues.
- To measure and evaluate the performance and discipline of employees within their department and indicate possible personal development opportunities.
- To ensure that all mandatory records are completed and maintained such as the H&S Checks (daily), departmental housekeeping audits (weekly).
- To carry out personal rating reviews on a monthly basis.
- To conduct disciplinary hearings, return to work interviews and grievance hearings.
- To ensure the safe and efficient operation of machinery and equipment by agreeing and implementing planned maintenance with the maintenance department and if necessary requesting repairs.
- Ensure that all electrical equipment is within the department is correctly shut down at the end of each shift.
- Utilize problem solving techniques, teamwork building strategies, process control, and continuous process improvement tools to facilitate the company's continuous improvement policy.
- To be available for stock take at the end of the month.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties or tasks requested by the department Manager and/or company directors which may be necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- Production / supervisor / manufacturing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'