Production Quality Manager near Middlesbrough to £70k p.a. + benefits
Production Quality Manager for UK vehicle manufacturing & assembly facility in fast expanding hi-tech arena
As Production Quality Manager, you will provide production support and operational / strategic leadership for the production quality function throughout the facility. Working closely with other managers you will have overall responsibility for the production quality function. The key focus of the role is delivering a proactive and collaborative work ethic and solutions approach in the team(s) to meet the quality needs of the manufacturing process and projects. Leading a large team of quality managers, engineers, technicians and a data analyst your responsibilities include:
- maintaining strong communications between site and post-manufacturing teams
- liaising with supply chain colleagues / colleagues at other sites for projects & quality activity
- strategic business planning inc. organisation design, team capabilities, resources, budget
- supporting production team to understand project specific quality requirements
- leading investigations into quality failings to establish proactive, solution focused responses
- ensuring contractual requirements are understood / embedded into processes and procedures
- leading on Health and Safety and safe working behaviours
- identifying ways to improve optimal performance of the Quality function
- production of regular quality reports to monitor KPIs / deliver updates to other business teams
Our client is an international corporation with activities spanning a wide variety of sectors including IT, Construction, Technology, Telecommunications, Industrial and Transport Solutions.
As Production Quality Manager, you will have experience in a similar position for a complex manufacturing organisation and/or a qualification in a relevant Quality, Engineering or Manufacturing subject. With experience working with both UK and global colleagues in production and supply chain you will also have:
- effective communication / leadership / team coaching / motivational skills
- working knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, CI tools (JIT, KanBan, Kaizen, 5S)
- experience of leading a Health and Safety culture in a plant / factory environment
- good analytical and decision making skills
If you wish to be considered for the role of Production Quality Manager, please forward your CV stating current remuneration details and availability quoting reference 282668NS.
WE REGRET WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK
Applications are invited with experience in: production quality manager manufacturing quality engineering Six Sigma lean JIT KanBan Kaizen CI lean 5S Middlesbrough Sunderland Durham Newcastle Darlington jobs automotive tier 1 rail vehicles transport aerospace jobs north east
ThreePeople advertises vacancies on behalf of clients. If your CV matches our clients requirements, we will forward your details to them to confirm your suitability. By applying for this role, you consent to the submission of your details for this purpose only. Your CV will not be retained by ThreePeople for future use.
- production quality manager manufacturing quality engineering Six Sigma lean JIT KanBan Kaizen CI lean 5S Middlesbrough Sunderland Durham Newcastle Dar
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job