Production Manager required. I am currently recruiting for a Production Manager to join a well-established, growing company based in Leeds. My client is a specialist manufacturer and solution provider for flexible hose assemblies, fabrications, and machined components for a wide range of industries including Gas, Nuclear, and Defence.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Production Manager will be responsible for managing the component manufacturing process from order through to completion and delivery, and will have overall responsibility for the entire operational facility, production, and staff, managing a team of 4/5 team leaders and 50 staff. By liaising with different departments within the business, the Production Manager will have several accountabilities including compliance, health and safety, measuring productivity and creating lean methods, training and development, discipline processes, production and manufacturing programming and analysis, cash flow projections, labour and material planning, and reviewing all operational processes and prepare management reports. The Production Manager's key accountabilities will be crucial to providing outstanding client and production planning services and increasing efficiency within the operation and manufacturing departments of the business.
The role would suit an individual who has experience in a similar role, a strong work ethic, and is able to manage the entire production division and to work to scheduled deadlines. A manufacturing and engineering background would be desirable. This is a great opportunity to work with a reputable company and working hours include early finish on Friday.
Production Manager Position Overview
Production Manager required for a specialist manufacturer and solution provider for flexible hose assemblies, fabrications, and machined components based in Leeds. Responsibilities include but not limited to; Managing the component manufacturing process from order to completion and delivery.
Production Manager Position Requirements
- Microsoft Office including Sage, Excel, Word, Access, Sage Accounting & Manufacturing. Project management software and or finite planning systems such as SAP
- CNC turning and Automated welding (light components) experience
- Supervisory, people management experience required
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and ensure guidelines and timeframes are followed
- Effective management, organisation, and updating of workloads
- Improvement capabilities to build a World Class (High integrity) Engineering environment (Kaizen, Kanban, 5S, SMED etc.)
- Full Technological/HNC/HND qualification
- Living in or close to the Leeds area
Production Manager Position Remuneration
- £27,000 - £30,000+ DOE
- Standard Working hours: Monday - Thursday: 7:30am to 4:30pm & Friday 7:30am to 12:00am
33 days' holiday (Includes Bank Holidays and Christmas Shutdown)
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job