Production Database Administrator
Contract, 6 months
Would you like to work for a company who is the driving force in the development of enterprise and internet technology. A company that have grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers?
They're looking to hire a contract Production DBA to join their infrastructure department. The Production Database Team is responsible for supporting their databases and ensuring their performance, availability, scalability and security.
- Responsible for day to day availability of all database servers ensuring high performance and availability of the databases that support the business systems in a true 24/7 environment.
- Responsible for QA of all UAT and Production database releases ensuring standards are followed, deployment of fit for purpose code to UAT and Live, driving all requests through the process to completion - end to end ownership.
- Following and improving internal processes to ensure accurate and consistent database processes are carried out for production database requests with support for operational deployments, business intelligence and analytical reporting requirements
- Contribute to implementation of and maintenance of a cohesive and consistent approach to system monitoring to ensure that both software and hardware KPI's are reviewed to achieve the business goals.
- Responding to and resolving ad hoc requests as required to meet business and end user requests.
- Responsible for monitoring, reporting on and maintaining the reporting of activity and trends on the database servers and databases to senior management to enable a capacity planning strategy to be employed.
- Responsible for monitoring, reporting on and maintaining a backup strategy for databases.
- Responsible for the setup/upgrade and installation of all database servers, ensuring that the correct hardware configuration, covering disk and storage requirements are in place to provide high availability, scalability and optimum performance.
- Responsible for the setup/management of database security, ensuring that the correct production policies are adhered to, with review in line with company or regulatory procedures.
- Contribute to future methods/technologies employed by the customer for varying levels of continuity. Strong communication and presentation skills supported by a high level of energy and persuasion. Ability to interact with all levels of the organisation.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Commercial experience of the following database technologies; SQL Server, RIAK.
- Experience of Sql Server high availability features including replication, CDC, extended events and logshipping.
- Experience with windows failover clustering and Powershell.
- Experience of MySQL, PostgreSQL and Oracle database technologies.
- Experience of large databases in a high concurrency and high throughput environment.
- Experience with systems in an environment with varied complex applications and database architectures.
- Strong communication and presentation skills supported by a high level of energy and persuasion.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organisation in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Comfortable presenting project status to other teams and participating in cross functional meetings.
- Can work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects with independent deadlines and deliverables, and have a high attention to detail.
- DBA production SQL
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job