Horizon Search & Selection currently have an interesting opportunity working within the Production Print industry. We are seeking a Product Engineer for our client based at their impressive facility in the West Midlands.
The company are a multinational Imaging and electronics company and this position will be working from the site based in Telford, Shropshire. Primarily this site is responsible for the manufacture of eco-friendly and versatile wide format document centres and large format printers and professional printing solutions.
The purpose of this position is to take responsibility for providing engineering support for Production Print, Cut Sheet and Wide Format Products, ensuring that the company remains up to date with product and industry knowledge, printing technologies and application techniques. We are seeking a talented Engineer who will be able to apply this knowledge to develop self, company resources and production processes. Leading projects such as SQCDE improvements, product transfers, equipment or process introductions. Managing on behalf of the business, internal, external and company resources to achieve all project objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Investigation and development of products making recommendations to the business for continuous improvements. This will include feasibility studies, concept development, cost analysis, proving design theories and implementation of solutions
- Presenting ideas to the management team and customers will form an important part of this role
- Lead investigations into daily SQCDE issues leading to root cause identification and implementation of permanent countermeasures on behalf of the company
- Plan and manage external resources, recommending to management resource requirements to achieve project SQCDE targets
- Managing Customer Driven projects
- Taking responsibility for Product & Equipment installations, configuration, maintenance, repair and operation process training
- Design, set up and implement product performance and evaluation experiment tests
- Provide technical input into improvement of existing and future product design and developments
- Presenting the product to customers at field events such as conferences, seminars etc.
For this interesting and involved role, we are seeking a talented Engineer who has a proven background within Cut Sheet/ Wide Format printing Technologies or Inkjet Technologies.
Other skills and attributes include:
- Educated to Degree Level within a relevant subject or proven industry experience
- Experience of working within Project or Programme Management role
- Develop a strong working relationship with related functional groups both internal and external partners
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to confidently present technical information to external customer and internal peers
- The ability to solve problems effectively and technical report writing skills are must as you will be required to create documentation for product evaluation testing
- Pro-active with the drive to success and achieve results
- Must be self-directed to plan and prioritise own workload
- Able to train other employees and assign and check quality of work
- Work on complex issues of broad scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors, Select methods and techniques for obtaining results
- Prioritising work is key and having the ability to manage a number of parallel projects and activities
This role offers a competitive salary and generous benefits and the opportunity to work with a global player in the Industrial Print Industry. To apply, please send your CV to Gemma Turp today!
Due to the high volume of CV’s we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!
- Concept Development
- Feasibility Studies
- Customer Driven
- Large Format
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job