Product Development Analyst - Software
- Based in Sheffield
- Salary £35000 (negotiable dependent on experience)
- 1/4ly performance bonuses
- Company Benefits
Is a market leader in its area of expertise, and provides innovative/solution driven software to some of the biggest names in this regulated Industry sector. A robust strategy for growth and increased business has created an interesting opportunity for an enthusiastic, enterprising and experienced Product Development Analyst (PDA) who will work closely with the Operations Director and in conjunction with the design/development team. The focus is to build on the user experience strategy, with the emphasis on consistent delivery of excellent customer experience/satisfaction, which will ultimately drive client loyalty and ongoing brand development.
This is very much a people to people position, and, based on the successful candidate’s ability to communicate at all levels in both technical and non-technical formats, the required outcome will be to build and develop the product road map in line with the business strategy whilst meeting customer demand and expectations. Naturally this can only be achieved by having an excellent understanding of technical environments, and by having the ability to turn the business vision and customer requirements into workable and clearly set out product development specifications using multiple approaches. Clearly this can only be achieved by engaging regularly and directly with end users to gain insight into how they use the platform in their environment and business context through the delivery of workshops, evaluation of end user experience and deep dive analytics.
In practice the development and analysis of products will be facilitated by using a range of specialist software tools to create workflows, specifications and storyboards that clearly and concisely set out features that are usable, easy to navigate, aesthetically appealing and engaging. These tools will be introduced into the business based on either the existing experience of the successful candidate or by identifying the most suitable tools, once the appointment has been made.
The Ideal Candidate
This person will prefer a creative and evolving technological working environment and will want to be a significant player in the development and change process which ultimately improves clients UI/UX. Furthermore, you will be an experienced analyst who fully understands the product development lifecycle.
Skills and Experience Required for Success
- High level communication skills in both written and verbal formats with a focus on fine detail
- Proven background in research and analysis, which, based on findings, ultimately provide commercially focused recommendations for the development of existing and new products
- Is financially aware of tangible consumer benefits gained through the products developed
- Can develop and present proposals of overall product strategies, innovation, and potential outcomes to both internal and external stakeholder in such a way that they become differentiated, compelling, easy to sell, and easy to buy
- Highly creative, innovative and literate, with the ability to produce top quality specifications, workflows and communications
- Design and spatial skills to gauge the usability of a feature or application
- An aptitude for using a logical, step-by-step approach to ensure designs are user friendly and simple for end users
- A high level of concentration and resilience to stay focused on a project to the end and meet client deadlines
- An open, flexible and adaptable mind-set to cope with a rapidly changing set of tasks in an area of emerging, new technologies
- Has good time management skills ensuring that deadlines are met and not impacted by changing priorities
- Results oriented, someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment.
This is a solid opportunity to join a company which is firmly committed to its people, and who believes in empowering colleagues to develop and grow in their chosen fields with the support of a strong and focused leadership team who have extensive experience and knowledge they are keen to share. Furthermore, this is a business that recognises and rewards based on personal and team success, and has a clear plan for the future.
If you would like to learn more about this role, please contact Janet McGlaughlin on the number listed on our website: Marmion Recruitment.
- Business Development
- Product Analysis
- Product Design
- User Experience