Product Design Engineer
£35,000 per annum DOE, plus benefits
Our client is a leading manufacturer of components and filters for small domestic appliances. Having recently gone through a very successful AIM flotation the business is keen to fast track its NPD programme and seeking to recruit a talented Design Engineer to join this friendly and innovative team.
This is a great place to work; our client sets high standards, in terms people, products and processes and there is a strong people led culture. They operate in an environment where talent is nurtured and developed, communication is open and colleagues’ contributions valued. If this sounds like your kind of workplace, please read on.
Purpose and tasks:
The main objective of this role will be to develop new products for our growing water filter business. You will be:
- skilled at running design reviews and evaluating the integrity/robustness of design concepts
- able to compile a qualification test matrix for new product and design changes
- able to work on ECNs for implementation of changes
- potentially able to design water filters, jugs and interfaces for high volume manufacture
Knowledge and Experience
You will have an Engineering background and be proficient in 3D CAD (Solidworks preferable) and will be at home with plastic engineering. You are probably working in product design environment, possibly a small domestic appliance manufacturer or similar and are looking for a more autonomous role with a growing business.
- You will hold a B.Eng or B.Sc (Hons) in Design and/or Production Engineering
- 2+ years product design experience in a high volume manufacturing industry
- Familiar with plastic moulding works
- Proven ability to take design responsibility
- Familiar with simulation and FMEA tools
- Understands the principles of water filtration
- product development
- Plastic moulding
- BSc/BA/BEng hons
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job