Our client is looking for a Procurement Specialist (MCIPS) to make professional recommendations that will be relied upon by the organisation to make important strategic and contractual decisions affecting projects with lifetime budgets exceeding £1m.
The fundamental requirement of this role is to provide ongoing senior level, professional cover (requiring MCIPS Qualification) for both Head of Procurement & Estates and the Senior Contracts Officer in a broad range of matters related to procurement.
Principle accountabilities will include:
• Professional management, end-to-end, of key tenders to ensure compliance with due process. This will include scoping requirements, production of evaluation schemes, evaluating tender returns and award of contracts. Oversee this work undertaken by other procurement professionals.
• Ensure that non-pay/salary related spend satisfies the Government’s requirement of Value-for-Money and meets the appropriate standards in terms of openness, probity, propriety and control.
• Provide proactive support and expertise to Project Managers and handle the contractual/procurement aspects of projects. Provide expertise and support to successfully manage, plan, negotiate, evaluate and deliver projects in line with organisational expectations.
• Take responsibility for health & safety, security compliance within the tender / procurement process.
• Take ownership of risks associated with procurement and work proactively to identify risk and ensure that they are managed within the organisation’s risk management framework.
• Research, identify and make decisions to implement areas of supply for new contracts and framework agreements. Negotiate with suppliers and award agreements.
• Challenge and quality-assure work undertaken by senior managers in relation to procurement and contractual undertakings. This would include dealing with any issue relating to non-compliance.
Required knowledge/skills and experience:
• Professional Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply MCIPS Professional Qualification.
• Experience of commercial and public sector procurement and general business issues.
• Experience of developing successful strategies providing professional guidance to organisations and stakeholders.
• Experience of successfully negotiating and managing contracts with a working understanding of contract law.
• Experience of managing modern contract forms under EU procurement legislation/regulations.
• Ability to prepare and produce necessary supporting documentation appertaining to contracts, service-level agreements and framework documentation.
• Excellent organisational, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work unsupervised with self-motivation.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'