Our client deisgn and manufacture a range of homeware products for major retailers in the UK and overseas.
The Procurement Specialist will focus on driving cost management and enhancing the performance of 3rd party manufacturing partners in the Far East and Eastern Europe - developing strong relationships, and improving the end-to-end supply chain process.
Specific duties of the Procurement Specialist include:
- Lead complex procurement negotiations on cost, quality, and delivery of product
- Identify, tender and award product ranges
- Establish and maintain an in-depth knowledge of product categories/regulatory requirements
- Strategic reviews for total margin enhancement, stocking efficiencies and logistical benefit
- Assist in the management of factory performance and proactively develop new strategies for enhancement
- Identify requirements and source new factories to provide maximum range opportunity
- Market intelligence activities - understand trends driving raw material, and logistical costs
- Communicate effectively and lead discussions across all levels and departments to ensure business and trading requirements are met in full
Applicants to the Procurement Specialist vacancy should meet the following criteria:
- Procurement experience within a manufacturing business, or FMCG NPD role
- Experience of sourcing 3rd party manufacturing services, and factories from low cost regions
- Experience of negotiating and agreeing LT contracts
- Proven vendor management / subcontractor management expertise with a global supply chain
- An awareness of product, range or seasonal lifecycles within FMCG
- CIPS - desirable
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.