Process Engineer Job Description
- First and foremost, it is the responsibility of the Process Engineer to perform any and all tasks in a safe manner, keeping in mind safety on the job at all times. It is expected that the Process Engineer will not only practice safety on the job, but will be responsible for the safety of others working in the manufacturing floor.
- Health and Safety awareness is essential in all aspects of the role (Including Risk Assessments, near miss reporting, 5s inspections and BBS Observations). Is aware of all IEEE, BS7671 Wiring Regs and Electricity at Work regulations.
- Provide support to the sustainability and energy saving projects ensuring measurable results are shown.
- Leading through a process based culture, promotes consistent operations through the creation and optimization of SOP's ensuring staff can easily follow and understand the guidance.
- Coordinates with the Maintenance & Engineering area to create and implement TPM practices designed to cover the most fundamental maintenance routines as well as actively participating in the auditing of periodical PM.
- To become aligned with KPI's such as providing vision, setting goals, coaching, and prioritizing tasks. Ensure that safety, quality, customer service and costs goals for the operations function are successfully achieved.
- To control the usage of third party materials to maximise usage
- To use lean manufacturing methodology when approaching issues and projects using Kaizen, Six Sigma, Kanban etc.
- Lead Product Development trials including sourcing, building and testing new prototypes, products or procedures.
- Troubleshoot operations equipment, process and products.
- Measure and record data associated with operations equipment including machine reliability.
- Calibrate or adjust equipment to ensure quality production, using tools such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges, feeler gauges, production equipment including Maguire units - tape measures - gauges etc.
- Audit production tooling and equipment spares such as heater bands, tape measures, stop watches, etc.
- Carries out day to day duties as required by the Maintenance Manager and to ensure compliance and promotes an environment of excellence in reliability engineering, predictive, and preventive maintenance as well as in each and every practice of the department.
- Provides support to the operations process in reacting to breakdowns by assisting the team to find the root cause of repeat issues. Criteria would be that if a line had been down for an hour you would be called to assist with finding the route cause or if a repeat issue had been raised then a RCA will take place.
- Is flexible with work hours when needed to work overtime in-particular to lead PD projects or improvement work.
- To play a key part in the company's Business excellence projects providing assistance to new projects and installations.
- Must have thorough knowledge of production procedures
- Process knowledge is essential
- Team Oriented and Interpersonal Skills - Has the ability to work effectively with other plant employees and external groups to achieve required objectives and goals.
- Leadership - Strong leadership shown by personal accountability to achieve goals. Confident in giving candid and constructive feedback.
- Initiative - Has the ability to identify key issues, develop a workable solution from data and working with others, sells his/her solution and implements the solution.
- Credibility - Does not blame others and takes responsibility for his/her own mistakes. Respects confidential information and concerns shared by others. Finishes work and reports on time and effectively utilises data to support positions.
- Continuous Improvement - Has a high level of self-management and motivation to continuously improve the process, people, equipment, raw materials and self. Can adapt and transfer new methods and ideas to situations to maximize positive results. Must have good problem solving skills and be able to deal with pressurised situations.
- Communication - Presents ideas/facts clearly and concisely in oral and written formats. Listens well and asks the right questions. Can effectively deliver a speech, presentation or other communication to customers, operators, or management.
- Proactive - Able to identify and present ideas and improvements that have a positive effect on processes or equipment. Must be able work autonomously and clearly communicate outcomes. Must be able to prioritise multiple tasks
- Cleanliness - has high level of housekeeping and follows 5S standards.
- Maintenance/ operations planning experience such as using CMMS, Gant charts, Projects planning software.
- Must have strong IT skills.
- process engineer
- Quality and Product Development
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'