PEGlobal are looking for a Process Engineer for our multinational medical devices client based in the Lancashire area on an initial 6 month contract.
Main Responsibilities of the role:
- Process review and optimisation of specified process areals.
- To input into new product development, to ensure timely introduction into production and that they are operationally cost effective.
- Initiation I completion of deviations, remedial actions, CAPA' s and other quality system
- Control and direct manufacturing validation effort for existing and new processes.
- Active member of multifunctional process and production improvement team.
- Application of world class manufacturing tools and techniques (Lean, ME2) within aligned process areas.
- Problem identification and resolution to root cause.
- Responsible for Waste reduction in area
- Actively drives process improvement projects to achieve OEE targets for area of responsibility
- Leadership and coordination of onsite Process Excellence initiatives and activities including certification, re-certification and promotion of PE awareness on site.
- Input into machinery purchases, investigating new technologies for existing processes.
- To follow and promote Company, HS&E and Quality standards to enable the site to achieve and maintain excellent results
- To liaise with outside contractors whilst leading projects from conception to commissioning and handover.
- To ensure that processes are robust and as efficient and effective as possible.
Desired Experience and Skillset of the Successful Candidate
- Technical degree in related discipline (Engineering/Science/Chemical) preferred
- Minimum HND in related discipline
- Minimum of two years experience within same or similar industry.
- Ideally certified to Green Belt standard
- Minimum 2 years experience in engineering I process engineering preferably in a medical devices I pharmaceutical environment.
- Proven track record of installing I validating new equipment and processes in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing Initiatives to deliver business benefit.
- Ability to deliver projects on time and to budget.
- Able to demonstrate process, equipment improvements and waste reduction savings.
- Use of Microsoft tools
- Lean Manufacturing application
- Use of KPis to improve business performance
- Good organization skills
- Ability to communicate and co-operate effectively
at appropriate levels both orally and written.
- Management of own workload and ability to work independently using own initiative.
Desirable Skills of the successful candidate
- Green Belt in PEx
- The role requires an enquiring and perceptive individual who is understanding of the needs of
the teams and projects which they are assigned to.
- Occasional working outside contractual hours of work.
- Aptitude for implementation of Cl principals.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job