Process Engineer Chartered Chemical Engineer
Process Engineer (Chartered Engineering status is required)
Leading chemical company is currently seeking a Process Engineer to join the team on a contract basis.
* Provide specific specialist process engineering expertise required to design and deliver work programs defined by project or line manager which includes manufacturing support, capital project design and process improvement
* Utilise subject area of expertise within the process design of active ingredient capital projects to maximise capital, operating cost efficiencies and process & HSE performance outcomes
* Participate in manufacturing support teams as process owner or providing specific specialist process engineering expertise
* Lead department or group inputs into small multi-disciplinary projects collaborating across functions onsite
* Provide technical leadership for effective input into group level prioritisation, planning and delivery of scientific work programs in a safe and efficient manner
* Challenge the current established protocols, systems or ways of working seeking opportunities of improvement Accountabilities
* Proactively identify opportunities to improve capacity, cost efficiency and HSE being influential in promoting these opportunities with key stakeholders by working independently within multi-functional development, capital project or manufacturing support teams
* Work collaboratively with manufacturing support teams to resolve complex or high business impact process issues and is the technology lead for implementing and embedding the solutions
* Act as process technical owner for a manufacturing process area and/or as a local expert in a specific technology by applying a combination of theoretical and applied knowledge to in order to guide and lead challenges in that area
* Influence and implement HS&E improvements and ensure that all activities satisfy the requirements of company's standards, site Management of Change and Risk Assessment procedures, COMAH (Health and Safety Executive), PPC (SEPA)
* Manage and set day to day priorities for self and others (e.g. contractor, project teams) and expectations of stakeholders in light of resource constraints regarding manufacturing strategies and capital project delivery
* Provide high quality practical advice /judgements to others by applying scientific method, theoretical knowledge and broad experience of similar situations within the area of expertise
* Act as a focal point of technical expertise and assist in challenges across the department (e.g. PRA leader, relief, solids handling)
* Establish contact with and learn from centers of process technology expertise to ensure optimum use of available skills and resource. Take part in formal networks in areas of expertise
* Contribute to maintaining and growing capabilities in area of specialism to suit departmental needs, may include coaching and mentoring of others or devising and delivering formal technical training
* May act as Technology Owner for an AI , or support the technology owner to define, progress and implement technology strategies and development plans to meet supply chain and manufacturing asset strategies Dimensions
* People: no direct reports although can manage task force
* Timeline: Maintain a 6 months planning horizon on project activities Experienced: Manage, coach, develop and motivate a small to medium production & supply team of junior managers and/or professionals to optimise the production & supply infrastructure and deliver to the agreed business objectives, full compliance, and HSE requirements. Implement the production and asset strategies. Provide some to direct input into the short to long term planning and development of human and material resources, operational plans, and annual business objectives.
- Must have degree level in Chemical or Process Engineering and have Chartered Engineering status Comprehensive practical experience & theoretical knowledge in Process Engineering with typically more than four years' experience in an industrial environment.
- Critical knowledge and education required for the job: Technical Competencies Level Project Delivery Proficient Manufacturing Support Proficient Chemical Engineering Science Proficient Route and Process Design Proficient Data Science Proficient Mathematical Science Proficient Process Hazards Proficient
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
- Process Design
- Process Engineering
- Risk Assessment
- Manufacturing Process
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'