Overall job purpose
The role is focused on leading the delivery of tax advisory projects for a substantial private client portfolio on behalf of the Directors and Partners. The role involves managing all aspects of client delivery including reviewing the technical content of the advice, ensuring excellent client service and timely communications with the client, keeping the Director/Partner updated and monitoring the commercial and financial aspects of the engagements.
The portfolio will mostly comprise High Net Worth and Non-Domiciled clients as well as related offshore structures. In addition to working on specific clients, the successful candidate will be expected to make a significant contribution towards the overall future development and success of the group, wider office and firm, as well as being involved in business development initiatives and networking events.
- To lead complex UK and international private client wealth structuring projects and ongoing client engagements.
- To ensure that the clients’ tax affairs comply with statutory requirements, and to manage work efficiently.
- To ensure tax quality at all times by adhering to the firms quality standards.
- To identify and advise on tax planning opportunities and to undertake specialist technical assignments as required.
- To manage the assignments in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- To ensure that the job is completed within budget, and to discuss all materials points arising with the assignment partner in the first instance and client immediately, particularly in relation to any anticipated overruns.
- To brief junior staff on the client’s affairs and the pre-assignment instructions. To supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake 'on the job’ training and appraisals where necessary.
- To develop a detailed knowledge of the firm’s specialist services and to manage specialist work in response to client needs where appropriate.
Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
- Good standard of education, particularly in Maths and English
- CTA/ATII qualified or equivalent desirable
- Previous experience operating at Senior Manager level in a similar role is preferable.
- Extensive experience of advising non-domiciled individuals together with an excellent understanding of current developments and how this impacts the wider picture.
- Proven experience in client handling, including managing the implementation of complex advisory projects on "core" private client issues (for example, inheritance tax, capital gains tax planning, offshore trusts, etc).
- Experience of business development as well as being able to demonstrate an interest in this area of work.
- Good communication skills, team player and able to motivate staff.
- Tax Advisory
- Associate Directors
- Private Client
- Personal Tax
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job