We have an exciting opportunity for a Pricing Analyst to join our Underwriting Team for our Insurance business. The role would suit someone trying to further their pricing expertise within an Insurance setting. This role represent an excellent opportunity pick up pricing expertise within one of the UK’s leading Managing General Agents (MGA).
You will be mentored by the Senior Pricing Lead and will be supported and developing expertise in two core areas:
1) Segmented Technical pricing - exposure to multiple personal lines products and the need to produce meaningful GLM technical pricing models, used in portfolio management decisions.
2) Market pricing & optimisation - exposure to market price models development, including artificial intelligence, big data and pricing optimisation techniques.
- Extract and cleanse raw data from our data warehouse and other sources.
- Merge exposure and claims experience datasets.
- Data quality checks - Analyse data using the latest statistical techniques to identify trends identify data quality issues & propose solutions.
- Supporting Generalised Linear Models (GLM’s) production and update
- Proactively investigating possibility of introducing additional rating factors and understanding the models output. Run actual pricing vs. technical model & Old vs. updated model gap analysis.
- Use developed technical price models to monitor on-going product performance and produce financial benefits of new product lines.
- Support customer lifetime value models & commission optimisation models, including artificial intelligence & machine learning techniques.
Skills and expertise:
- Advanced Knowledge of Generalised Linear Models (GLM’s).
- Experience in Emblem or Pretium are required.
- Strong analytical and numerical background.
- Very good data handling skills & experience with SQL Server Management studio.
- Experience with the R package or SAS would be welcomed, but not essential.
- Ability to summarise and communicate Analysis & modelling results to group of stakeholders.
- Basic understanding of personal lines insurance pricing from both a customer and risk pricing perspective.
- Basic understanding of price optimisation & machine learning techniques is welcomed.
- motivated to learn, to develop their technical and commercial understanding of the Travel & health actuarial & pricing.
- Highly numerate
- Degree educated in a related field
- Strong communication skills
- Can manage and prioritise time effectively
- Pricing Analysis
- Linear Models
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job