Location: Well Pharmacy Merchants Warehouse, M3 4LZ
Hours: 37.5 hour per week
Specialising in healthcare communications for the largest independent community pharmacy in the UK.
Community Pharmacy is such a vital part of the healthcare system, and will become increasingly important in taking some of the pressure of the NHS through offering more services through our local branches. Community pharmacy is an ever-changing industry and Well is in the midst of an exciting period of transformation, with new ventures such as digital pharmacy being developed to support our 780 pharmacies across the country. To raise awareness of our innovation projects, and the new services and support our pharmacy teams are offering to build healthier communities, we need a talented, energetic, and creative PR Officer to support the PR Manager.
This is a new position so you have a fantastic opportunity to shape the role and influence healthcare communications in one of the top three pharmacy chains. No two days are ever the same, and you will be exposed to every area of the business as the newest member of an enthusiastic and lively corporate communications team. You’ll be involved in corporate PR to raise the profile of our brand in business and trade media, as well as customer-facing press activity and events to provide essential healthcare advice and drive footfall in-store.
In addition to the pharmacy estate, the Well Group includes Well Careplus, a medicine management service for care homes, and Bestway Medhub, a pharmacy wholesale business. A key part of your role will be supporting business-to-business communications for these operations.
The person we are looking for…
- PR degree
- At least 1 years’ experience in a PR agency
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Brilliant copywriting skills - clear, concise and compelling
- High attention to detail
- Desirable - experience in event management
- Desirable - blogger outreach experience
What we’d like you to do…
- Work closely with the PR Manager to achieve key business objectives for our three brands: Well, Well Careplus, and Bestway Medhub
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of community pharmacy, its role in the UK healthcare system, and current changes in the industry
- Build strong relationships with trade, local and regional consumer and national media to achieve high volumes of positive coverage that convey key business messages
- Create PR materials including press kits, press releases, and press statements
- Identify relevant forward features and PR opportunities in target media, and work with experts within the business to provide insightful content
- Engage with commercial buyers to gain product coverage through blogger outreach and product promotions in consumer press
- Support the PR Manager to plan and execute successful PR events including new store openings, new product launches, charity events, and media tours
- Support the PR Manager in monitoring and evaluation PR activity to show the business impact
- Work with the Communications Team to internalise PR news through the company blog and magazine
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job