Portfolio Management & Investment Director [ Logistics - Asset Management ]
This is essentially a remote position with circa 3-6 days in the office per month - office location: Birmingham.
Our client develops and manages urban and big box warehouses for customers including global logistics and e-commerce organisations as well as significant national and regional enterprises. Aiming to deliver c. 1.5m sq ft of new warehouse space during 2021 and, with one of the UK's largest pipelines at c. 19m sq ft, they have an achievable vision to grow the logistics portfolio to over £1bn by 2023.
Critical to the realisation of that vision will be the Portfolio Management & Investment Director. This is brand new role created to provide strategic leadership for the Logistics Portfolio function, manage key stakeholders internally and externally to extract maximum investment value and income performance from SML investments through deep knowledge of both investment and occupational markets. Key accountabilities listed below
Industry knowledge of the property development is essential, ideally with a focus on logistics/distribution. This role requires someone with a strong financial acumen, able to take end to end accountability for the Property Profit and Loss account, apply sophisticated evaluation techniques to investment prospects and to calibrate existing asset valuations and opportunities.
From a person perspective you must be a strong leader, a visionary able to take a holistic strategic view of the entire portfolio and investment piece in order to guide and focus a highly capable asset management team effectively.
You must have the curiosity, commercial acumen and technical evaluation capability to be able to gain a deep understanding of the investment portfolio in order to cultivate a strategy with which to maximise asset usage, drive revenue and to underpin the commercial success of the 5 and 10 year development pipeline.
With full accountability for the profit and loss account of properties, you should be sufficient proficient with accounting and financial reporting.
This is a high-profile role, reporting into the Senior Finance Director with exposure to the MD and in time Exco where success in the role will create a compelling case for a significant career development. The busines is a highly profitable FTSE 250 business fortunate to be operating in a field particularly resilient to current economic challenges. Similarly they are a responsible business with ambitious goals to make a sustained difference to society and the environment such as net carbon reduction; biodiversity and sustainable environments together with a leadership team and employee population which very much lives the values rooted into their culture.
- End to end accountability for the Profit and Loss account of properties.
- Developing and delivering asset plans and Portfolio business plans,
- Making investment/dis-vestment recommendations and decisions based on data and insight and market conditions and experience.
- Work with the Senior Finance Director to maximise performance across SML investment portfolio
- Provide strategic leadership to the Asset and Property Management team embedding culture of high performance, accountability and commercial acumen under pinned by SML's responsible business commitments.
- Deliver strategic plans for assets in order to manage performance and budgeting.
- Assess performance in short, medium and long term identifying key risks and opportunities and recommending future strategy including selling or holding investments.
- Responsible for all investment/ divestment activity including business development, identifying new opportunities for portfolio investment and making recommendations to the business. Running transaction process of sales and acquisitions for the portfolio.
- To ensure that the portfolio business plans have the engagement and support of the Senior Finance Director and Managing Director.
- property development
- asset management
- property investment
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'