My client, a leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, are currently recruiting for a Plot Sales Team Leader to join their Birmingham office.
- Heading up the plot sales team
- Supervising the issuing and preparing contract packs on the basis of pre-prepared standard documents following receipt of memorandum of sale
- Attending site set-up meetings and preparing site set up documentation/pack to include preparation of the draft contracts, transfers, title pack and site set up documents, with an appreciation of any site specific requirements.
- Liaising with the client and preferred solicitors to approve the draft transfer and estate layout plans.
- Dealing with pre-contract enquiries under supervision where required.
- Processing exchange of contracts
- Preparation of relevant completion statements
- Completion procedures
- Use of Land Registry on line
- Procurement of conveyancing searches
- Dealing with incoming phone calls and post
- Correctly doing up outgoing post in time for relevant collection
- Opening of files
- Preparation of bills
- Use of the Document Production System or any replacement system the firm may install
- Use of Laserforms
- Use of Word / Excel for production of spreadsheets and reports
- Other duties may involve supporting the wider Real Estate team from time to time
Skills and qualifications
- 3 years or more previous conveyancing/Plot sales experience preferred within a professional environment. Training will be given.
- Previous team leader experience
- Degree, LPC or Ilex qualification preferred but not a pre-requisite.
- Excellent client care skills
- Self-confidence and ability to demonstrate initiative
- Ability to grasp things quickly and easily.
- Enthusiastic with a positive, can do attitude
- Good working knowledge of various applications - word, excel, outlook, digital dictation (not essential)
- Taking care and attention into all correspondence and documentation
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to change, new practices and remain calm under pressure and find solutions
- A methodical and organised approach with keen attention paid to every detail
- Excellent organisational skills are required for this role to ensure that the tasks are effectively scheduled within working time available, and that urgent work is completed and returned within the specified timescales.
- Friendly and helpful approach to dealing with queries
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to integrate within a team as well as working on one’s own initiative
- Ability to deliver a quality service to both internal and external clients.
Added advantage but not a pre-requisite
- Dealing with deeds of easements and deeds of covenant, substation transfers and infrastructure and utility agreements.
- Dealing with sale of freehold blocks of apartments.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job