DS Smith is seeking a Sheet Plant Manager to lead, direct and control the activities of this Packaging Site, in order to ensure that it achieves its short and long-term financial and operating objectives.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate experience of successfully driving sales, building excellent working relationships, and leading a business strategically to ensure growth plans are exceeded.
What being a Plant Manager at DS Smith will involve…
As the Plant Manager, you will provide both operational and strategic leadership for the Bristol site. You will have responsibility for supporting the implementation of the Business Plan, in line with the corporate strategy, whilst also managing relations with employees and representing the business in dealing with external interests.
You will have a large amount of financial responsibility within this role, supporting the process of annual planning and budgeting for the site. You will consistently evaluate the profitability model for the current year, based on both long-term and short-term plans, as well as tracking and reviewing the progress of your site against these plans.
Further key responsibilities associated within the role will include:
• Developing a detailed understanding of customers and their needs whilst simultaneously identifying new opportunities to improve customer experience
• Playing a key role in the development of 'new business’ opportunities to drive both sales and growth
• Reviewing financial performance of the site, initiating corrective actions on deviations and monitoring compliance to all applicable laws
• Recruitment, managing, motivating, coaching and developing staff; in order to meet Business objectives
• Monitoring the performance of staff, setting targets and KPI’s and setting up corrective measures if applicable
• Identify training requirements for the staff and as such, develop training programs and monitor the application of training and progress of employees
• Key point of responsibility for delighting customers and customer satisfaction
What will the ideal candidate for DS Smith possess:
The must haves:
• A background in the Packaging Industry - ideally within Sheet Plants
• Excellent people management skills to, lead and motivate others and drive change
• Previous sales experience, particularly within driving new business sales and target growth plans
• You must have a full UK driving licence
• A knowledge of the local market around the site will be advantageous
• Ability to develop, mentor and coach your teams
• Taking ownership of issues through to a successful conclusion
• Champion positive change
About DS Smith: DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion, the organisation employs over 27,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Salary: Competitive Package including car, bonus and medical cover.