Job Title: Pipe Fitter x10
Location: Plymouth, Devon + Relocation Assistance
Compensation: Competitive salary
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF52978
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Pipe Fitter at our Devonport site.
As a Pipe Fitter, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. We have several exciting opportunities to support the programmes here at Babcock.
This could see you:
- Working on warships, submarines or within our factories supporting delivery of complex engineering projects.
- Working on a wide variety of pipe systems, manufacturing ferrous and nonferrous pipework.
- Installing and testing new pipework
- Carrying out system and equipment functional tests and surveys.
If you can bring technical skills and a safe working attitude, then we can offer you the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting engineering projects this country has to offer.
These positions are full-time, based onsite at Devonport Royal Dockyard. Relocation Assistance can be supported, please speak to the recruitment team.
We offer Travel Expenses to the Interview (outside of a 35-mile radius of Devonport, Plymouth).
Essential experience of the Pipe Fitter
- You will need the ability to read engineering drawings, to interpret work instructions and be competent in the use of general workshop machinery specific to pipe manufacture and fitting.
- Ideally you will have worked in the marine engineering industry with experience of Royal Navy ships and submarines, Royal Fleet Auxiliary vessels or large commercial ships - although other relevant experience from other engineering sectors will be considered.
- Demonstrable experience of working within high performing engineering teams focused on delivering engineering projects.
- Demonstrable experience of working on the manufacture of ferrous and nonferrous pipework, installation of systems and pipework testing
- Experience of working within marine engineering environment
Qualifications for the Pipe Fitter:
- Time served Apprentice within the field of marine engineering / naval engineering environment
- Indentured Apprenticeship in a mechanical discipline
- Level 3 Modern Apprenticeship in a mechanical discipline
- Level 3 Mechanical Engineering qualification
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 06/12/23
- "Pipe fitter"
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'