Personal Tax Junior - US & UK Tax - SUPERB ROLE
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a highly regarded Personal Tax Boutique who are looking for a UK & US Personal Tax Junior to join their growing team in Central London. Reporting to the Personal Tax Manager, the role would ideally suit an ATT Part-Qualified tax junior from a mid-to-top tier or Regional Accountancy practice. You will be assisting with coaching junior graduates, preparing UK & US personal tax returns and you should be able to demonstrate some basic tax compliance expertise and knowledge. Key duties include:
- Preparing basic UK & US personal tax returns and preparing information for more complex tax returns within agreed service and quality standards
- Assisting with a varied portfolio of UK & US HNWI’s, professional contractors, business owners/entrepreneurs and US citizens residing in the UK (approx. 150/200 individuals)
- Assisting with ongoing HMRC tax investigations and dealing with valid tax claims (entrepreneur relief, VCT/EIS relief)
- Preparing information for wealthy families and business owners to help reduce their UK tax liabilities where possible
- Liaising directly with UK & US clients regarding personal tax matters/queries on the phone and in person
- Assisting the Manager in overseeing a number of graduates in the personal tax team
- Ensuring that the quality of personal tax work is done to agreed cost and timescales, and adhering to the Firm’s quality standards.
- Liaising with the assigned Tax Manager to ensure UK & US work is completed within budget and within HMRC tax deadlines
To be considered for the role you shouldideally be in a Top100or well-known Regional Accounting firm or Tax Boutique, seeking a move to a role where wider tax responsibilities and a broader client base will be made available to you. Therefore, knowledge and experience of preparing basic UK personal tax computations, and assisting in the management of personal tax portfolios is required. Whilst you do not need to have specific US tax experience for this junior position, it would be a distinct advantage if you had. With excellent team working skills and relationship building skills, you should be able to work well under pressure and have completed at least one full end-of-year tax season.
On offer is a salary up to £30,000 + ATT study (where applicable) with excellent benefits including 22 days holiday, pension scheme and healthcare. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) office by telephone or via email at admin@mcginnisloy .com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
- US Tax
- UK Tax
- Personal Tax
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'