Barnett Waddingham is a partner-led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated pensions advice. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and well trained employees who enjoy working in a closely knit and friendly organisation. Our growth has been significant since our creation in 1989. We aim to continue this growth by recruiting people who share in Barnett Waddingham’s values.
The Pension Administration Business was established in 1993. Our core business is the provision of services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes DB, DC, CARE, cash balance - and we will do this as a stand-alone "admin-only" appointment or in conjunction with services provided by other Barnett Waddingham Practice Areas.
We are recruiting for several pension administrators with DB experience to join our Leeds team in support of recent new business wins.
Each team is managed by a team leader and work is carried out in accordance with the Pension Administration Department’s control environment procedures which are in place to ensure accuracy and timeliness of the services for clients.
- Prepare manual and computer generated benefit calculations and related correspondence
- Maintain the BWebstream database; prepare BWebstream generated benefit calculations and related correspondence
- Communicate with clients, their employees and former employees and advisers
- Carry out and check cash handling and accounting functions to client pension and related arrangements, liaising with bank and investment managers as appropriate
- Process and check client pensioner payrolls, including calculation of net pay, arranging payments, liaison with tax offices and preparation of year end returns
- Liaise with authorities including DWP, HMRC (including NICO), The Pensions Regulator and the Information Commissioner
- Read, research and understand documentation relating to each scheme, for example, deeds
- Check work of other team members, ensuring accuracy and compliance with procedures and legislation, as agreed
- Project based work as agreed from time to time
- Encourage the team to look for efficiency gains
- Carry out activities in line with agreed service levels
- Support effective team working and be willing to ask others for support
- Any other reasonable task as advised from time-to-time
- Support, Implement and Maintain Information Security procedures and activities in accordance to Barnett Waddingham’s Information Security Policy
Experience / Qualifications
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C and above are essential. APE or progress with other relevant PMI qualifications such as CPA would be an advantage. A willingness to make progress towards further professional qualifications would be a benefit; however proven experience in the role is more desirable than other academic achievement.
- Relevant Financial Services experience or a background in DC or DB pension administration would be a requirement. Payroll experience would also be beneficial in particular roles.
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Office programmes, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Defined Benefit
- Pension Administration
- Pension Systems
- Pension Calculations