Armstrong KNIGHT are delighted to be recruiting for a Payroll Specialist for a manufacting Compnay in Wickford
I am looking for a Payroll Specialist to join the Human ResourcesDepartment to be responsible for administering Payroll for all UK sites, and act as the first point of contact for all Payroll related queries.
Main responsibilities include:
- Ensure that the processing of Payroll (end-to-end), including Payroll administration is carried out accurately and within agreed timescales.
- Responsible for the accurate administration of all starters and leavers, including tax code administration, completion of P45’s and online submissions.
- To process all Statutory payments, including but not limited to sick, maternity and paternity.
- To calculate and process loans, advances, allowances and deductions in accordance with relevant legislation. This includes Company benefits.
- To carry out the reconciliation and payment of various Payroll deduction accounts in accordance with deadlines set by regulatory bodies, including HMRC, Contributions Agency and Court Orders.
- Carry out regular benchmarking of pay rates in line with National Minimum Wage, advising the Group HR Manager of upcoming changes required.
- Responsible for year-end tax reconciliations and returns.
- Efficiently respond to Payroll related queries, including those from outside agencies.
- Maintain technical knowledge to enable basic manual calculations and checks of tax, National Insurance and impacts of Company benefits.
- Ensure the HRM system is effectively managed, providing support and training on Time and Attendance where required.
- Prepare reports and information as required by Management.
- To develop and maintain Policies, Procedures and Work Instructions to meet the above.
- To provide Company benefits administration cover when required.
- To have a duty of care to yourself and others regarding Health and Safety matters and to ensure all Company Health and Safety Policies and Procedures are implemented.
- Adhere to the Company Data Protection Policy and Procedure and ensure private and confidential data is kept secure and disposed of in the appropriate manner.
- To carry out duties pertinent to the scope of the post as directed.
- At least 2 years' experience in the same or similar position processing end to end Payroll,
- Thorough knowledge of statutory requirements relating to Payroll,
- Ability to make detailed payroll calculations as required, including manual calculations,
- Working knowledge of computer based and manual payroll systems
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office package, especially Excel
- Experience of reporting on and analysing data,
- Ability to communicate complex payroll issues clearly and concisely
- Experience in dealing with and responding to payroll queries from Management and employees,
- Excellent level of numeracy and accuracy, and meticulous attention to detail,
- Can demonstrate ability and experience of working in a confidential environment
- Recognised payroll qualification
- Previous experience in running payroll for a large multi-site organisation
- Experience of working with multiple payrolls