We are currently recruiting for Payroll Officers to be based at HSBC in Apsley on an initial 6 month contract (possibility of being extended further). This role would be suitable for someone with 1-2 years' payroll experience.
As a Payroll Officer, you would assist the Shares Payroll Team Manager in the effective running of high volume payrolls.
- Prime responsibility is to assist the Outsourced and Shares Payroll Team to produce payrolls in an accurate and timely manner.
- Payroll produced using third party programs specifically designed to meet the demands and complexities of HSBC payroll.
- Extensive knowledge of UK, CI and IoM and Foreign legislation.
- Responsible for the payment of salaries to approx. 2,500 assignees.
- Responsible for ensuring validity of data held on the GHRS and investigating, resolving and responding to customer queries and issues within SLA.
- Role is increasingly becoming one of advice and counselling as the business ramps up new initiatives and policies.
The ideal candidate:
• Attention to detail and a right first time approach
• Great communication skills, with the ability to effectively converse with a wide range of parties
• Previous payroll experience
• Willingness to learn and expand on current skills and knowledge
This is an initial 6 month contract role with the potential to be extended further.
- Communication Skills
- Customer Queries