Our client, a multi - award winning business based on the outskirts of Leeds are currently looking to recruit an experienced Payroller due to continued growth and success within their business.
• Ensuring that employees are paid to terms
• Processing of new starters, leavers and amendments.
• Responsibility for the correct tax treatment of employees including issuing P45’s and dealing with PAYE enquires.
• Processing payroll calculations including manual calculations when required.
• Administering SSP, SMP, SPP, PAYE and NI and year end procedures.
• Preparing and issuing pay statements in accordance with agreed timescales.
• Analysing and resolving pay queries and providing information as required.
• Key contribution to improving the efficiency and levels of customer service of the payroll process.
• Supporting existing team members as and when required.
• Being committed to maintaining payroll legislation knowledge.
The successful candidate will have:
• Previous experience of working within a Payroll team and will have experience of working within a fast paced, high volume environment is desirable, or a desire to learn and develop payroll skills.
• Experience of administering minimum wage employees is desirable.
• Experience of administering a high volume of staff turnover is desirable.
• A positive attitude and a dedication to good customer service.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• The ability to communicate at all levels and be able to liaise with managers and clients.
• The ability to prioritise your own workload to meet deadlines.
• Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Excel
Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately we cannot reply to all personally. If you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume that you have not been successful this time.
Synergem Recruitment is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request