Salary:£17,063 plus holiday, pension and 5% flexible benefit fund - Salary is negotiable
Duration: 12 month Fixed term contract
SSCL have an urgent requirement for experienced Administrators to join the team to support one of our clients Payroll queries.
The York Centre of Excellence provides HR, Payroll and Recruitment Services to a number of central government departments, currently supporting in excess of 250,000 employees.
- Process work in line with agreed procedures, business rules or scripts - Processing work could include making calls, answering telephone, emails, queries, taking messages, processing transactions
- Learn the procedures and understand parameters of producing a quality output.
- Process work to the defined level of quality.
- Resolve queries, escalate as necessary (i.e. a team leader/manager/other group), and log if appropriate.
- To schedule and prioritise allocated work on a daily basis ensuring that activities are completed to support SSCL key performance indicators.
- Distribute information and when required, work to the other team members or groups.
- Identify and suggest areas of improvement.
- Maintain and update information held on a database or manually.
- Support line management on any additional admin when required
- Liaise with internal/external clients.
- Manage customer expectations, interact and display professionalism at all times.
- Maintain records for audit purposes.
- Ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure all information, which is issued to the customer, meets the department security standards.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplined department, ideally within a large operational environment.
- A can do attitude
- Working knowledge of either CGI or Oracle Payroll (both preferred).
- Good Microsoft IT skills - including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal. "Flexibility to travel as required.
- Professional payroll qualification i.e.: Chartered Institute of Payroll Professional or equivalent
You will be required to pass a SC clearance
SSCL is a unique partnership - a joint venture formed in 2013 between Sopra Steria and the UK Government as part of the Government's Next Generation Shared Services Strategy to deliver between £400 to £600 million of savings per annum from 2016. Our purpose is to transform the way that these services are delivered across the public sector, streamlining systems and processes in order to deliver £1 billion of savings for Government and Police by 2020.
Find out more
Shared Services Connected Limited is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job