Full time, permanent
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable accountancy practice that is seeking to recruit a new member to the Payroll team, as a result of continued growth.
Working as part of a small team and reporting to the Senior Partners, this role will involve working for a portfolio of clients processing their payrolls of varying frequencies such as weekly, fortnightly and monthly.
The team are responsible for the payroll process from start to finish, working to set schedules which are bespoke to each client for the receipt of data/reports, processing the pay run information, and then providing the client with required reports to check and reconcile their Payroll, before arranging payment, and closing the pay run for each period.
Main responsibilities of the Payroll Administrator:
- Managing your own portfolio of clients and being able to assist other administrators when needed.
- Auto Enrolment.
- Liaising with third parties such as HMRC and DWP.
- Providing payroll information to directors and accounts staff on an ad hoc basis.
- Communicating with clients in person, by phone and email.
- Complying with all statutory regulations and informing clients of any changes in legislation that directly affects them.
- Submitting and authorising bank payments on behalf of client.
- Year End procedures.
- Training of new staff members.
- Processing of payrolls of all frequencies, calculating gross pay, statutory deductions and statutory payments and processing starters and leavers. Reconciliation of figures.
- Providing clients with necessary documentation, either hard or soft copies.
- Previous payroll experience.
- An excellent telephone manner.
- Familiarity with a computerised payroll system.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good knowledge of Excel.
- Accounts Assistant
- Payroll Administrator
- Payroll Clerk
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'