A opportunity to join a ambitious payroll department currently going through a period of positive change within a company which is growing rapidly! The business is experiencing high levels of investment as it continues to increase its market share which makes this a truly exciting time to join the team. If you want to join a new look payroll team who have a bounce in their step and are looking forward to the future with a real sense of anticipation than this is the role for you. The Payroll Manager is supportive and has created an environment which is both fun and rewarding to work in and where team members feel valued. The manager is looking for someone who has solid payroll experience to help the team continue in its journey. Our client is a leader in its field and have a very good benefits package.
Main duties and key area`s of experience:
- Ensure that all employee salaries, wages, allowances and deductions are accurately processed within set timescales. Ensure all are paid at the correct rate, that they receive any allowances to which they are entitled and any relevant deductions are made.
- Processing of new starters, leavers and changes to pay each pay period.
- Understand and calculate statutory payments (such as SSP, SMP, SSP, SAP etc.) and issuing relevant documentation where appropriate.
- Understand and calculate company sickness in accordance with internal policy documents.
- Check and reconcile all voluntary and statutory deductions to ensure accurate payments are made to third parties.
- Maintain excellent relationships with 3rd party service providers in relation to the full range of pay deductions.
- Monitor and assess expense claims for legitimacy and accuracy, reject claims where necessary and keep a record of those rejected.
- Check the output from the payroll for accuracy. Release of BACS file for Payment. Reconciliation of the General Ledger files to ensure accurate accounting records.
- Maintain the storage and disposal of all payroll documents, ensuring all documents are maintained to comply with statutory and internal document retention policies.
- Liaise with pension providers with regard to employee pension entitlements. This includes auto-enrolment, pension contribution adjustments and associated documents relating to retiring individuals.
Vertex HR are a boutique recruitment practice specialising solely within HR and Payroll recruitment across Milton Keynes, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire and Cambridgeshire.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'