Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm (30 minute lunch break)
Responsible to: Lead Administrative & Office Manager
Accountable to: Directors
The Bariatric Consultancy provides the NHS with specialist Tier 3 weight management services. We are recognised by Clinical Commissioning Groups as a leading service provider and pioneers of non-surgical weight loss. We have been delivering services across the South of England since 2008. Our services are multi-disciplinary and include psychological therapy, dietetics, and health training with the medical management of severe and complex morbid obesity for patients with a BMI of 35+. Clinics are situated in community locations and combine all components in either group or one to one sessions. For further insight visit our website: www.bariatricconsultancytier3.com
Main duties and responsibilities
A patient co-ordinator serves as the link between the patients’ and our services. If a patient has any questions, concerns or comments regarding their care, the patient co-ordinator is the first point of contact. Their primary responsibility is the patients’ satisfaction with the services received.
The patient co-ordinator will be a good communicator and able to demonstrate an ability to listen with empathy. They should be a problem solver with a "can-do" attitude and should be able to communicate with professionals on all levels.
- Entering patient data on to the in-house system (full training will be provided)
- Carrying out Motivational Interviews via telephone
- Booking appointments
- Sending correspondence via post/email/fax
- Allocation of patient pathways
- Overseeing patients pathways from referral to discharge
- To be responsible for the patient’s experience for the length of time they are in the service.
- To build relationships with and be the first point of contact to patients and to maintain excellent communication with GPs, Practice Managers, and Tier 2 services.
- To work with the Office Manager and rest of the patient care team to resolve any problems that may arise.
- To work with the Human Resource Department in resolving any issues that may arise relating to patient complaints and to ensure that companies complaints procedure is followed through in a timely manner.
- Communication Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Time Management