Partnerships and Research Manager - Public Sector Events
Leading media business is recruiting for an experienced events professional to lead the research and partnership engagement for 2 high profile, commercially successful, exhibitions within the Public Sector.
You will be working in a positive, exciting environment within a fast-paced and growing business. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced event content/research professional who wishes to drive the growth of a thriving and expanding sector. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to line manage from day 1 if this is an avenue you wish to take.
The Role : Partnerships and Research Manager - Public Sector Events
The role takes full responsibility for sector research, including research and validation of both show content and new commercially-driven content areas. The focus is on developing and maintaining a deep knowledge of the public sector as well as key partner relationships, to inform strategic decisions around the event’s direction and deliver innovative, year-round content that will attract the right profile of visitors, whilst aligning with the commercial objectives of exhibitors and sponsors.
As the events grow, there will be a greater emphasis on collaboration with, and leveraging of, partners, and this role will be central to delivering this.
The strategy for our client’s events is to deliver 'content-rich’ exhibitions, creating a community drawn together by a desire to deliver better public services by learning, procuring and ultimately delivering through the content on offer. The Partnerships and Research Manager would work closely with the Portfolio Director to implement and deliver this strategy, as well as driving the future direction and growth of the shows.
Candidate Profile: The Role : Partnerships and Research Manager - Public Sector Events
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience)
- At least an 18 month proven track record of partnership management and/or industry research experience
- Strong commercial understanding and ability to understand the commercial implications of public policy
- Strong research skills and ability to quickly digest new information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write convincing commercially focused copy for a range of mediums
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to network confidently and competently, often with senior stakeholders
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines and targets
- Self-motivated, professional and focused in all aspects of work
- The ability to research and develop the content for multiple events concurrently
- Interest in and understanding of public policy
- Experience of people management
- Experience of managing budgets
- Understanding of project management principles, techniques and tools
- Interest in and understanding of the Public Sector (both at Central Government and local level), Public Policy, or Politics
Lipton Media is a dynamic, proactive and progressive media recruitment agency solely dedicated to the media industry. We are leaders across media sales and creative opportunities.
We cover: media sales, digital media sales, print sales, exhibition sales, event sales, conference sales, outdoor sales, radio sales, marketing, conference production and editorial jobs.
Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 and 250 businesses. We work with people at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next move.
- Public Sector
- Relationship Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job