This Leading Financial Services business based in the heart of Central London has an excellent reputation and market leading positioning. It is well known for its staff retention and investment into its people.
They are looking to recruit a Part Qualified accountant into its finance function and reporting into the financial controller, the role will be extremely diverse and challenging.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the accounting for physical trades of commodities - Purchases and Sales
- Liaising with operations department
- Cashbook management and bank & broker reconciliations
- Journal entries in to accounting system for transactions occurring
- Inter-company reconciliations
- Liaising with brokers on a daily basis
- Month end accruals /prepayments
- Maintaining the fixed asset register & depreciation
- Assist in month end closing for financial reporting
- Processing of service fee recharges - monthly review and journal entries
- Assist with the management accounts for the UK service entity
- Maintenance of internal control documentation
- Liaising with external auditors at year-end
- Quarterly VAT reporting
- Deal analysis - Sales Analysis and reporting
- Assist in the implementation of new operational systems
- Hedge Accounting
- Aiding financial analysis
- Assist in the preparation of year end statutory financial statements.
- Assisting with Regulatory compliance
As the ideal candidate you be degree educated with at least 2 years accounting experience. You will be studying ACCA/CIMA or equivalent and have strong Excel skills. You will be excited by the challenge of joining a dynamic Financial Services business and have excellent communication and organisational skills.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job