A well-established company of regional Independent Finacial Advisors are looking for a Paraplanner to join their team! The business has grown rapidly through acquiring the businesses of small, retiring IFAs and servicing the needs of the clients.
The company was established in 2000 and has revenues of £2m, generated from the investment, pensions and insurance work we do for clients. Having grown rapidly into one of the top 150 IFA firms, with circa 30,000 clients and over £450 million in assets under management. The company is on an upward growth trajectory and has a goal of becoming a top 100 firm by the end of 2016. We are backed by supportive shareholders who share our ambitions.
Clients receive a truly personalized service delivering outstanding results and financial peace of mind. Every client relationship is important and not just a number on a spreadsheet.
The staff are qualified to the highest level and continually encouraged to improve themselves. Using cutting edge technology to facilitate the service and the recommendations we make.
Their City of London office is a warm and welcoming environment where every opinion is respected. Working collaboratively as a team, with their staff being rewarded with outstanding experience and knowledge, industry recognition, financial rewards and the satisfaction of a job well done.
BSC has very little hierarchy, and a flat management structure. Group dynamics are a core part of the companys culture.
Person / Experience Required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Diploma level qualification (consideration may be given to candidates at QCF Level 3 who is studying for Diploma)
- Extensive knowledge of financial services products and the FCA regulatory regime
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable and happy working in team based environment
- A desire to gain or increase knowledge of financial services through taking relevant qualifications
- Capable of delivering against a detailed set of production and compliance targets
- Prior experience of training and managing other people
- An understanding of the Intelligent Office back office system
- Familiarity with modern Wraps and in particular AXA Elevate
- Familiarity with tools such as Selectapension, Paraplanning online, Avelo and Financial Express Analytics
The role is well suited to a professional and highly organised individual who is happy to work in a team environment. The successful individual will have a detailed understanding of the providers and products available in the financial services market as well as the level of broader technical knowledge expected of someone at Diploma level. Previous experience of managing people is desirable but this would not be a constraint for the right candidate. The individual would be a role model to more junior back office staff and would be expected to train them with the aim that more would achieve relevant professional qualifications. The ability to develop and improve the existing back office processes would also be important.
Requirements of the role
- Researching products and portfolios for advisers and their clients
- Keeping up-to-date with new product, technical or legislative changes within the marketplace
- Liaising with clients as required by e-mail phone or face to face as required
- Completing and submitting documentation to providers and chasing these through to completion
- Producing full suitability reports for advisers based on the clients needs, objectives and attitude to risk
- Producing reports to support client reviews
- Helping to establish a quarterly product and investment committee
- Managing, developing and training the client service team
- Contributing to the development and improvement of back office processes
- Complying at all times with the Compliance and Training and Competence Procedures of the firm.
- Complying at all times with relevant data protection and money laundering regulations