A growing Oil and Gas company is currently seeking an experienced Operations Technician to join their existing team at Bacton Gas Terminal.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to be an integral part of a multi - skilled team.
Key accountabilities include:
- Complete scheduled trade maintenance activities as per the maintenance management system, ensuring that safety critical items are prioritised.
- On completion of tasks, work order sheets to be updated, enabling the close out of tasks and retention of maintenance history and records.
- Perform the duties of Responsible Trade Person and mentor trainees as required
- Raise relevant permits within the agreed time period and suspend or cancel permits as appropriate
- Manage and maintain trade inventory of critical spares and stock equipment such that maintenance visits can be completed on schedule and equipment down time is minimised.
- Generate new work requests to highlight plant and equipment failures.
- Provide assistance for projects, working with vendors and sub-contractors as required.
- Generate and communicate effective handovers between shifts and departments.
- Comply with and pursue the requirements of Change Management Policies (e.g. Plant Modification Proposals)
- Accept responsibility for all waste management tasks relating to individual activities at the Terminal (e.g. cleaning up after tasks, waste monitoring and disposal etc.).
- Work with team leaders and team members to provide safe conditions for day to day operations, maintenance, environmental and security activities at the terminal.
- Monitor all offshore platforms and achieve nomination in conjunction with Gas Coordinators, ensure correct hydrate inhibition injection, and inform Normally Unmanned Installation (NUI) teams of any operational problems.
- Respond to all onshore and offshore alarms and inform relevant people of any problems that may arise.
The successful candidate would have ideally be 'time served’ with a HNC qualification in a relevant subject.
The desired candidate will have strong operational knowledge of oil and gas industry and the ability to plan and organise work, be self-motivated and an active team player.
For further details regarding this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"