Operations / Sales Manager
Our client, a manufacturer in the Witham area, is looking for an Operations / Sales Manager to lead a team of estimators to maximise and convert sales opportunities in order to grow sales of target products and contribute toward increasing Company profits.
- Support the team and organise their workload to enable them to generate an average 50 quotations per person per day.
- Evaluate existing processes and procedures in order to identify improvements so that target turnaround times are achieved. KPI Target - 1 Hour turnaround.
- Maintain existing systems to identify prospects and provide structured feedback to the broader commercial team.
- Build relationships with key customers and prospects to ensure we capture and maximise opportunities to convert.
- Prioritise incoming enquiries for the estimating team in order to aid efficiency and effectiveness.
- Achieve agreed sales conversion targets within set pricing bands.
- Plan and organise the estimating team's workload to ensure quotations are followed up within agreed timescales and maintain performance monitoring systems. Produce reports illustrating performance against targets.
- Work closely with the external sales force and internal customer service team to ensure information regarding enquires and prospects is communicated effectively.
- Develop close working relationships with internal customers/supplier's e.g. marketing, production, freight, sales team in order to help achieve team and company objectives.
- Devise and implement a staff development program in order foster job enrichment, encourage flexibility and develop multi-skilling thereby broadening the team's skills and ensuring coverage during periods of absence.
YOU MUST HAVE 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN THE MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
- Driven self-starter.
- Commercially astute with the ability to identify and act on opportunities.
- Confident telephone manner.
- Experienced in generating quotations for technical products.
- Able to lead and motivate their team to achieve business objectives.
- Experienced in planning and organising themselves and their team.
- Able to analyse numerical data and understand pricing structures and calculations.
- Confident and resilient and able to adapt to changing circumstances.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job