Lloyd Recruitment Services are currently working with a reputable business in the Edenbridge area who are currently in search of an experienced Operations Manager to join their team on a fulltime, permanent basis.
As the Operations Manager, this role you will be responsible for creating and driving strategy, execution, culture, people development and implementing lean principles to support aggressive, sustainable long term business growth for a growing business.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Operations Manager has the responsibility for establishing, overseeing, evaluating, and driving management direction for all manufacturing, production, planning, materials, health, safety and environmental (HS&E), and assembly related disciplines for the business.
As the Operations Manager in this dynamic, growth-oriented business, you will have a team of direct reports covering supply-chain, project and production management and assembly.
The initial focus of the role will be to effectively utilise the manufacturing footprint and skillset within the company to measure and drive continuous improvements for the Key Performance Indicators around operations. This will require an in-depth understanding of both capital equipment project planning and execution, coupled with a product-focused knowledge around more traditional manufacturing planning and execution strategies.
Specifically, you will need to draw upon a deep knowledge of lean processes and tools to prepare the business to scale and meet customer commitments, while teaching your team how to effectively use these tools.
What's in it for you?
- Salary £40K - £50K DOE
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays on top!
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Onsite parking
The Operations Manager is accountable for four key objectives:
- Development of our people and champion of culture
- Continuous improvement in operational efficiencies and reductions in cost
- Delivery of projects and products orders on time and on budget
- Total customer satisfaction
Financial & business performance:
- Achievement against Established FY23 Plan (Revenue, EBIT, and working capital)
- Significant increase in capacity to support additional sales, supporting improved mix for EBIT accretion
- Maintain >95% On time delivery
- Establish and maintain Quality KPI objectives
- Support Working Capital KPI objective with smart inventory management
- Development of the operations leadership talent, with a core focus on our 'People'
- Establishing an operational strategy and adjusting the organisation to meet the manufacturing strategy of the business
- Maintenance and upgrades of facility and equipment
Lean (ABM) transformation:
- Define and maintain daily visual management to meet stakeholder needs for all operational areas
- Leverage Value Stream Mapping to identify and address bottlenecks in production processes
- Improve the overall safety performance of the company, with a goal of 0 lost-time accidents in the workplace, and year-over-year improvements in safety
Health and safety:
- Site Leader for all Health, Safety and Environment requirements
- Hold team members accountable for health, safety, and environmental compliance as part of the annual performance review process
- Ensure that the requirements of the health, safety and environment management system are implemented and maintained
- Carry out hazard assessments, inspections, and audits as required by legislative framework and / or corporate requirements
- Ensure that training is provided to all departmental employees are per established in the training matrix
- Implement appropriate corrective measures for unsafe conditions and unsafe acts
- Ensure that appropriate equipment, materials, and protective devices are provided and maintained in safe condition
- Provide information, instruction, and supervision to employees
- Take every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of employees
- Attend Health, Safety, & Environmental Management training sessions
- A degree in engineering, business, manufacturing, or another related field
- Demonstrated leadership in a product-based production environment for more than 5 years
- Well versed in manufacturing operations, regulatory compliance, and planning development - including supply-chain, procurement, drawings, planning/scheduling, and management
- Proven knowledge and experience in MRP (material resource planning) and/or Kanban, inventory control and supply chain methodologies
- Strong communication and presentation skills are required
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience leading teams in a project-based and product-based environment
- Deep knowledge and experience with Lean Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement concepts, tools and methodology preferred
- Excellent computer skills as required for the role
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'