Reporting to the Managing Director, the Operations Manager is accountable for the performance, operational delivery and growth of the contracts within the region ensuring financial, commercial, clinical and operational excellence throughout all commissioned services. The post holder is expected to work in partnership with the Regional Clinical Manager and Medical Director to ensure the safe and efficient management of all services within the region.
* Lead, develop and deliver required transformation programs across services within the region to ensure operating models are innovative and commercially focused to deliver operational excellence and high quality service.
* Ensure the organisation financial and commercial strategy is implemented, including the effective integration of new business opportunities, driving the achievement of financial performance targets.
* Ensure the effective day-to-day management of all operational and administrative staff, ensuring that they are working to agreed standards and performance is regularly reviewed, evaluated and addressed where required.
* To ensure that services are delivered in a clinically effective and cost efficient manner, in line with allocated budgets and within the local contractual agreement.
* Ensure all staff are aware of the policies and procedures that apply in their area of responsibility, and that any changes to these are communicated appropriately and support given if needed.
* Identify poor performance areas across the region and take steps to mitigate those through comprehensive action plans with clear objectives.
* Manage the process of recruitment, induction and retention of new staff.
* Robustly analyse management information to ensure performance standards are achieved and sustained in line with contractual obligations.
* Ensure all performance and quality reports are accurately compiled, reviewed and submitted to commissioners in line with contractual requirements.
* To participate in reporting and frontline clinical and operational service meetings with commissioners and key stakeholders, proactively engaging with customers and raising the profile of the organisation including patient forums and experience surveys.
* Monitor compliance with standards and procedures of team members, taking action to address any areas of concerns, either with teams or individuals as necessary.
* Undertake regular one-to-one interviews with team members to identify development and training needs, address any concerns the individual has regarding their role, and use feedback to improve and enhance existing systems and procedures.
* Undertake annual and mid-year appraisals as well as ad hoc meetings to review performance as required.
* To ensure standards specified by the CQC are maintained and monitored.
* Results Driven - Shows a readiness to make decisions and commit to a course of action.
* Motivated by challenge and sees problems through to their conclusion.
* Team Effectiveness - Displays collaboration and builds alliances encouraging others to work together.
* Commercial Awareness - Shows an understanding of the business, thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value.
* Customer Focus - Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the internal and external customers, ensuring and maintaining effective relationships, and building trust.
* Communication - Always communicates clearly and accurately. Listens to others and absorbs information.
* Influencing - Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating.
* Planning and Organising - Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organised way. Follows directions and procedures.
* Alignment and Compliance - Aligned to the values, culture and mission of the organisation.
* Leading and Supervising - Takes control and exercises leadership, initiates action, gives direction, and takes responsibility.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.