Your new company
A large multi-divisional group founded in the 1960's, which specialises in the distribution of specialist supplies to professional users. It distributes products and services in the areas of automation, technical supply and energy management. The company offers a wide range of products and services, including products in the lighting, security, automation, climate control, communication, building automation and renewable energies sectors. The group has 2,000 sales outlets in 32 countries and 27,000 employees.
Your new role
To effectively control all aspects of Operational Financial Management within your designated operational areas.
What you'll need to succeed
- Monitor and review financial performance against budgets and agreed action plans for all designated areas, ensuring prompt and appropriate actions are implemented to correct any issues
- Support Senior Management in continuously identifying performance improvement initiatives and the development, implementation and monitoring of strategic plans
- Develop and communicate annual Budgets for assigned areas and cross examine operational decision making
- Help resolve reporting issues and where necessary provide guidance on corrective operational actions
- Interpret, communicate and present financial data and operational plans
- Proactively tackle ad hoc company-wide projects / tasks which are allocated from time-to-time
- Appraise capital expenditure projects and give independent objective advice; monitor their implementation
- Communicate effectively with all other departments as well as assigned Region(s) in order to articulate operational finance imperatives
- Continuously strive to improve financial controls and processes in cooperation with other functions
- Review and authorise credit limits and pro forma payments within the delegation matrix
- Work with the team and key stakeholders to ensure sound and improving financial performance across the business
- Experience of working in a commercial environment; similar industry desirable
- Experience in managing processes through a sustained period of change
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to produce and present financial/statistical data
- Management accounting including complex margin and stock management
- Working alongside non-financial people from all levels of the business
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables/lookups etc) and competent user of other Microsoft Office packages including Access
- Experience of using an ERP system e.g. M3 is desirable
What you'll get in return
Competitive local salary and benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job