Offshore Site Planner
Siemens Wind Power and Gamesa have recently merged to create a leader in the renewable energy industry, to provide cleaner, more reliable and more affordable energy to society, and to create lasting value for all stakeholders. With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
What are my responsibilities?
We are now recruiting for an Offshore Site Planner to be a part of our Service business. In this role, you will plan, coordinate and support field personnel in conducting the safe and profitable servicing and maintenance of wind turbine equipment. This will be done in line with planned maintenance requirements, including providing parts and consumables based at our offshore wind farm Beatrice, Wick. You will also be responsible for effective administration of Siemens wind farm sites including technical and commercial record-keeping and clear separation of costs between service and warranty activities in line with the customer contract.
Some of your key tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Develop, maintain and update long and medium term project schedules for the site in collaboration with the Service and Operations Manager
- Line management responsibility for Service Coordinators in line with Siemens' Management Standards
- Assist the Operations Manager in the planning of the Project and subsequent execution and the monitoring and control of that project.
- Maintain the manpower forecast required to deliver the long and medium term plans
- Liaise with central resource planning function with long and medium term manpower requirements and reserve / release manpower from / to the technician pool / speciality services
- Carry out scenario planning for long and medium term plans and produce reports to assist the project manager and the customer in selection of the correct execution strategies
- Produce schedule of resource requirements to assist in the identification and timely requisition of spare parts / tools etc for planned work
What do I need to qualify for this job?
This role requires someone who comes from a technical background within Site Planning. A basic understanding of the Wind Industry is highly advantageous including the knowledge of Turbine types.You will be someone with strong organisational skills, be able to communicate effectively including communication across borders. You will have excellent customer service skills and have the ability to maintain good client relationships.
To be successful in this role, you must have experience in using Project Planning software such as MS Project, Primavera or similar & Microsoft Office. You will have good reporting skills to provide comprehensive and accurate reporting across the business. You will also be able to manage people and lead effectively. Lastly, you must be a flexible individual who is willing and able to travel.
Please note that this role is based in Wick on a full time basis and we require applicants to be based locally. If you do not live locally, you must be willing to relocate to Wick and you will need to provide some reasoning behind your motivation to move to Wick.