Working for a well known charity in York, we are looking for an experienced, analytically minded and personable Office Manager with strong organisation, multi-tasking and data management skills. You will be actively managing all current office processes and a small friendly team of staff made up of volunteers and permanent staff. Your key responsibilities will include developing in house systems and ensuring all administrative procedures run smoothly and efficiently.
Role and Responsibilities
- Line managing the Reception/Admin Team and volunteers including recruitment, induction, training, supervision, appraisals, absence and performance management
- Working with managers and senior staff to ensure CRM currently meets the requirements of all funding bodies contracted with the centre and data is collated accordingly
- Liaising with existing external stakeholders
- Supporting staff in all administrative work and covering reception when required
- Managing external clients who might require empathy through some difficult situations
- Working with the Chief Executive/Deputy and Service Leads to ensure the overall future development and quality of services of the Centre
- Provide induction, training and support to staff/teams ensuring their use of in house systems provide agreed and meaningful reporting outcomes to funders
The successful Office Manager will ideally have experience of managing a small team and have good experience of managing data and CRM systems. Good numeracy and communication skills are essential as is the ability to talk to different people at all levels. Understanding by nature, you will enjoy working within a charity or not for profit environment and be confident and enthusiastic. Pro-active and team orientated would be two of the words you would use to describe yourself!
In return you will be working with a team of people who are passionate about what they do and alongside approachable line managers.
Hours of work are 30 per week but this can be worked flexibly over 4 or 5 days whichever suits you best. You will also receive 29 days holiday plus bank holidays and contributory pension.
- Office Manager
- CRM databases