We are seeking an Occupational Health Technician to join our Peri Team. The role will cover the North West including Liverpool and Preston. Candidates will be required to travel long distances and will be required to drive the Mobile Medical Unit (MMU) to clients and have a facility to park this at or near their home address overnight.
This is a full-time role where the successful applicant will work 37.5 hours per week. Regular overnight stays will be required.
As an Occupational Health Technician, your main duties will include undertaking health screening procedures in accordance with strict protocols laid down by our policies and the competencies to which the individual has been trained. These screening procedures may include general baseline measurements such as height, weight, blood pressure, urinalysis; health surveillance screening such as audiometry, lung function testing; drug and alcohol testing procedures. The screening procedures give the nursing and physician staff the biometric information they require to be able to make clinical decisions about patient management; the Occupational Health Technician has no role in interpreting results apart from in drug and alcohol testing if trained to do so.
The Occupational Health Technician works to support the OH team in their duties and ensure that all information is accurately gathered and recorded.
- Undertake health screening procedures
- Treat all patients with respect, dignity and privacy
- Ensure all medical information is accurately recorded in the occupational health records and passed to the clinical staff
- Ensure all equipment is serviceable, clean and fit for purpose
- Work within set protocols and do not deviate. Recognise the limitation of their role and do not go beyond this
- Provide support to the whole OH team in helping the department to run smoothly and effectively, undertaking non-clinical tasks as requested e.g. filing/tidying etc.
- Have a customer service focus including conducting patient encounters
Peri Occupational Health Technician | OH Team | Occupational Health | Healthcare Technician | Occupational Health Technician | Mobile Medical Unit | Testing | Peripatetic| Ambulance Medic
- Sound educational background including a good standard of numeracy and written English
- Ability to work autonomously with support from their line manager and others within the team
- Demonstrates a self-motivated and proactive approach to work
- Ability to recognise their limits of practice
- IT literate
- Able to prioritise own workload and manage own time, self-motivated and capable of working flexibly and to strict deadlines
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of professional accountability in the scope of professional practice
- Able to understand the requirement for patient confidentiality and respect
- Self-aware and a sense of respect for others Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- A team player who is supportive of the team and promotes a positive working environment
- Able to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral
There is no recognised professional qualification for this role however suitable backgrounds includes:
- Health Care Assistant
- Military Medic
- Offshore Medic Knowledge and experience of working in occupational health
We are one of the UK's leading providers of occupational health services. Established in 2002 by a group of occupational health professionals, we have experienced strong, steady growth. We offer a full portfolio of occupational health services, combining them into bespoke programmes that suit your organisation's people and their needs. We also provide innovative medical care training courses that give personnel the skills they need to handle medical emergencies.
The information you have submitted will be held and used by us in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and all relevant subsequent legislation. This information will be held and processed for the purpose of personnel/payroll administration and statistical and business analysis. We will retain the forms of unsuccessful applicants for 6 months in accordance with current guidance.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job