Based in Brighton & Hove
£30,000 - £40,000 per annum plus further benefits
Tony Alan Recruitment currently has an exciting job opportunity for a Network Engineer to join an ever expanding company in the Brighton & Hove area on a permanent contract.
Predominantly the role will be to support a variety of hosted and managed services including firewalls, voice services, VPN and VMware environments. Additional training to supplement existing knowledge will be provided.
Your duties will be:
- Second line support of WAN networking, including Ethernet services, ADSL services and MPLS/VPLS networks issues and problems, managing support tickets from all customers
- Advising and assisting on change management requests
- Supporting and developing our core network infrastructure, VMware platform and associated managed services
- Identifying technical fixes and solutions to issues, escalating to peers where appropriate and managing to resolution
- On Call Rota Assistance
- Shadowing existing engineers on support desk and also within our data centre locations when appropriate
- Assisting in the management and creation of technical documentation
- Assisting with equipment logistics
- Remotely supporting customers through basic troubleshooting tasks
- Small field engineering tasks
- Assisting field engineers where requested
Key skills required are:
- Confident grasp of routing principles, OSPF, BGP
- Knowledge of QOS principles
- Driving Licence
- Working in a Support Desk Environment
- Prioritise and manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
- Visio or OmniGraffle
- CCNA or HCNA as a minimum
- Working knowledge of VMware
If you feel that you would be suitable for this position then please apply with your CV.
REFER A FRIEND SCHEME: If you refer a candidate to us and they are placed you will be eligible for a cash reward!
Due to the high number of CV’s we receive we are unable to respond to all applications therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume you are unsuccessful in this instance.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job