Multi Skilled Operative MSO - Nights
Multi Skilled Operative (MSO) - Nights
Pentalver Transport is an award winning container logistics company with over 30 years’ experience. We are currently recruiting for a permanent Multi Skilled Operative to join our yard day/Night team in Cannock. As a Multi Skilled Operative you will be responsible for ensuring that our vehicles have their containers loaded and unloaded in a timely and effective manner, ensuring that health and safety is your number one priority. This role plays a crucial part in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the business. Working hours are 55 hours per week, Monday - Friday, with additional weekend work required on an ad-hoc basis.
Some of the main responsibilities of the Multi Skilled Operative will include:
- Ensuring vehicles are serviced with the correct container in a timely manner;
- Ensuring containers are stacked in accordance with the safe system, in a safe manner;
- Continually communicating with yard staff and container control to ensure efficient working and accuracy in terms of the correct container availability on time;
- Checking that containers are in good condition with no visible damage;
- Steam cleaning containers as and when required
The ideal Multi Skilled Operative will:
- Hold a current and valid licence for a counter balance forklift;
- Have proven experience of working in and with a counter balance forklift safely and efficiently;
- Have container industry experience;
- Have good numerical and analytical skills;
- Understand the importance of health and safety and be committed to upholding a safe approach to all tasks at all times
In return you will receive a competitive salary with 20 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays. You will work for a company that is leading the container industry with confidence, providing first class service and a great employee experience. For further information on what Pentalver can offer you take a look at the careers section of our website.
If you enjoy the challenge of working within a busy environment and are totally committed to health and safety, we would love to hear from you.
Closing date for applications: 16th March 2018
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Multi Skilled Operative role then please apply now!
CVs from agencies will not be accepted. Pentalver reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the stated closing date should a large volume of applications be received.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job