Westray Recruitment Consultants is looking to recruit an experienced Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician with Electrical Bias to commence work in a high volume, fast paced environment. This position involves providing planned and reactive maintenance to production lines and associated equipment. This organisation is undertaking a period of machine upgrades and so the work will also involve the installation of new lines and associated components.
- Carry out work assignments issued by Lead engineer and maximize effectiveness of the shift at all times by ensuring efficient completion of tasks.
- Demonstrate a team approach with regard to maintenance support (teams of) operators.
- Provide support to the team during breaks and absences and work together to ensure completion of their duties.
- Follow all work instructions, procedures, job descriptions at all times.
- Ensure that all Work Orders, PM's issued to the shift are completed.
- Complete all necessary paper work.
- Work with other functions as part of the manufacturing team to ensure efficient running of the equipment and carry out prioritized work as agreed.
- Carry out the assigned activities to meet operational targets; working with other functions to ensure mutual objectives are met.
- Compliance with Company policies, procedures and regulations (e.g. attendance, quality, safety, GMP's, etc.) and ensure these are followed to maintain the required standards
- Resolve mechanical and/or electrical problems in a timely fashion.
- Order spare parts as required on shift if unavailable from stock and contact contractors/suppliers as required in order to resolve problems on shift.
- Ensure all parts removed from stores while on shift are booked out of stores in the correct way
- Where necessary, must initiate the purchase of parts or equipment completing the relevant order requisition forms with relevant information., handing them into the Lead engineer or Engineering Stores Administrator for processing
- Provide the Lead Engineer with information on all engineering downtime attended on shift, related quality issue, work orders completed, PM's completed and other details as required.
- Identify and analyse problems before crises and determine appropriate action and follow-up.
- Ensure remedial works to equipment raised by work order or PM's are highlighted to the Lead engineer. .
- Complete "Permit to Work' system when appropriate.
- Advise teams (of Operators) on a continuous basis with regard to simple maintenance and/or continuous improvement.
- Electrical and/or mechanical qualifications/time served apprenticeship.
- 2 Year's experience of working in an automated production environment.
- A good standard of both written and oral English
- Basic Health & Safety
- Data and analytical skills
- Computer literate. (word/excel/windows based packages)
- Desirable skills :- PLC, pneumatics, hydraulics, temperature control ,instrumentation, welding, FLT license
This is a permanent role from day one. This position works continental shifts centring upon 4 on 4 off, 2 days followed by 2 nights and off for 4 days.
This position pays £34,000 per annum.
POINT OF CONTACT
Please get in touch with Tony Hutchinson in consideration for this role. He is contactable on or at
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job