Our Client a leading glass manufacturer based in Swansea have an exciting opportunity for a Multi- Skilled Engineer to join their Manufacturing Maintenance Team due to the successful growth of their business
It will be your responsibility to work closely with the production team to ensure that machinery downtime is kept to a minimum and that all maintenance is conducted in advance to avoid production disruption.
You will be required to work a rotating shift pattern and reasonable overtime, and so the role is competitively rewarded.
Key Skills Required:
- To successfully carry out this role you will need to be multi-skilled with an Electrical bias.
- Electrically you will be able to fault find on single and three phase systems, servo motors and AC motors, sensors and various control systems.
- There will be an element of electrical installation as required, typically lighting and small power.
- Mechanically you will be able to work on drive train systems, rollers, gear boxes, shafts, pneumatics and some hydraulics.
- There is a requirement to be able to strip machine assemblies to component level and rebuild.
- You will also need to have demonstrated experience in maintenance engineering and show the ability to work off your own initiative.
- Work collaboratively within the Engineering team.
- Support and identify means of improving plant productivity.
- Ensure that all necessary spare parts, materials and equipment are available.
- Investigate and establish causes of all breakdowns and machinery speed losses.
- Action any necessary repairs and ensure all measures taken are recorded so recurrent faults can be recognised.
- Be involved in both electrical and mechanical reactive and pro-active maintenance.
- Be proactive in ensuring good health and safety on site.
3 Shift pattern
Education - preferred but not essential
•Time served apprentice.
•NVQ level 3 (or equivalent, ONC mechanical/electrical Engineering, BTEC level 3 in Mechanical & Electrical/Electronic Engineering), 17th Edition Regulations
£28,000 p/a - £32,000 p/a
Smart Solutions is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment.
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"