Our client a buy to let specialist lender based in Fleet are looking for an Underwriting Team Leader. You will be managing an underwriting team ensuring staff are trained and competent to deliver professional, efficient and high standards of customer service to customers, intermediaries, valuers and solicitors.
Ensuring targets and objectives are set, whilst adhering to all company policies and procedures. You will also assist the Operations Manager to maximise team efficiency by assisting with team training.
- Manage a team of 5-10 Underwriters who have varying levels of experience and expertise.
- Ensure relevant documentation and information received is checked for adherence to policy and criteria
- Ensure both self and team adhere to internal/external compliance, credit review and audit requirements. Apply all aspects of the desired consumer outcomes of Treating the Customer Fairly (TCF)
- Oversee and act as a referral point for your team on more complex cases
- Plan, organise and control workload within the team to ensure achievement of service standards
- Coach and support team members and colleagues to help them achieve their objectives and build a high quality team
- Monitor and manage team performance and discuss underlying trends with Pre Offer Management Team.
- Lead, coach and develop your team to manage performance by conducting monthly performance reviews.
The ideal candidate will have
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both internally and externally
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills
- Effective analytical skills
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to influence others
- Confident decision-making skills
- Strong numeracy and statistical skills
- Self motivated
- Excellent customer service skills
- CEMAP qualified
- Proven technical knowledge gained from working for a mortgage originator
- Proven experience of mentoring and coaching new team members
- Mortgage Underwriting
- Team Leader
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job