Money Advisor (Welfare & Benefits)
For over fifty years, they have been providing people with a place to call home and that has always been their mission. But as a forward thinking and innovative social enterprise they realise that people need a lot more than just bricks and mortar to be the best they can be. So, besides building great places to live, they also offer a whole lot more, creating the basis for their customers to really fulfil their potential and make the most of their lives…and that what makes them different!
Position: Money Advisor (Welfare & Benefits)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000 - £26,000 per annum dependant on experience
Benefits: a chance to save money or receive cash back on your everyday shopping Flexible benefits - £400 to spend on a range of options from medical cover to gym memberships Pension - they offer a highly competitive choice of defined benefit or defined contribution pension schemes Generous holiday allowance - 27 days a year, rising to 30 days after five years' service Childcare Vouchers - an opportunity for parents or guardians to save money on childcare through salary exchange Car Salary Exchange - a scheme offering colleagues a way of leasing a car through a professional fleet management company Cycle to work Scheme - colleagues can lease a bike up to the value of £1,000 through monthly salary exchange
Closing date: Friday 17th January 2018
About the role:
They want their communities to be great places that inspire people to be the very best they can be.
As a Money Advisor, you’ll provide debt and money advice to a range of customers who may have a tenancy or a mortgage. Help customers to financially prepare for and maintain a tenancy with them - this advice will range from budgeting to providing guidance on debt and money management.
- A thorough knowledge of welfare and other benefits and an understanding of the implications of Welfare Reform
- Knowledge of organisations that provide other support, including grants
- Evidence of achieving positive outcomes throughout your work experience
- An empathetic approach - but with the ability to give 'tough love’ where necessary
- Great organisational skills and good judgement
- The ability to work on my own initiative and the motivation to keep learning independently
- A common-sense approach.
- Good people skills, including first class communication skills.
- Able to build effective relationships based on trust and respect and be a great ambassador for Bromford
- Focused on delivering great service and have a flexible approach to the work you do, where you do it and when you do it
- Passionate about delivering excellent customer service and doing the right thing
- Previous experience of managing, negotiating and reducing debt is very desirable, but not essential
You may have experience of the following: Money Advisor, Debt Management, Financial Support, Money Advice, Tenancy Support, Housing Support, Housing Association, Support Worker, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job