Mobile Electrical Test Electrician / Remedial Works Electrician
Brief details of position requirements
- Good sound electrical knowledge, for testing and installation works.
- Extensive knowledge of single and three phase fault finding and 1st time fixes.
- To carry out electrical repairs / minor works on various retail and commercial properties.
- To assess and order parts and equipment necessary for individual tasks.
- To liaise with the helpdesk / Office Manager for planned and routine maintenance programme and reporting procedures.
- To work to recognised industry standards at all times.
- To maintain records of all work, and that required paperwork is completed and sent in within the defined timescales.
- To participate in flexible working hours which may require occasionally staying away from home, weekend work and participate in the ‘On Call Rota’ as required. Extensive travel may be required away from your home area.
- To undertake training as required to perform the duties of the role, including health and safety courses and further trade development to maintain current knowledge and professional qualifications (Continued Professional Development).
- To undertake any other duties as directed by Contracts Managers and / or Office Manager within the remit of the role.
- Ability to act on own initiative.
- Able to pass enhanced DBS disclosure and CTC security clearance (Application funded by company).
- Full driving clean licence required (Minor offences / points may be considered).
- Own hand tools required, A van for business use, Tablet device and uniform will be supplied as will any specialist / test equipment.
Qualification, Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Must hold City & Guilds 2360 or equivalent to BS7671 17th edition.
- Must hold City & Guilds 2391 or equivalent.
- Must have previous experience of working on own and within a team in the building services engineering industry.
- Ideally to hold current IPAF and PASMA training.
- Ideally be JIB registered.